Windows 10: Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.

Discus and support Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way. in Cortana to solve the problem; I have had an update like 4~5 days ago and ever since the search in folders has the search history permanently there. I am not talking about internet... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ΑλέξανδροςΑρχάγγελος, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.

I have had an update like 4~5 days ago and ever since the search in folders has the search history permanently there.

I am not talking about internet browsers, I am talking about a search in the folder i.e. to find a specific song in the folder with songs.

->> Previously I would click inside the search bar, the drop down list of the most recent searches would appear, and by hovering over them and hitting Del button the search history would delete one by one the entries, keeping the button pressed would delete all entries within no time.

...this no longer works after that update.

~~

I searched everywhere and I tried 2 more methods, one with registry edits, which none of them worked, and one with a .bat file that is supposed to delete the search history but it still did nothing.

So my plea here is why was this thing removed with this update and if it is not, why does a windows update "break" things?

~~

Also where is this search history stored? Is it a file? If yes I would like to know which one it is so I can always manually delete it or make it read only so windows cannot register more entries.

The best solution would be for me to have the search history totally disabled, but I am afraid people will come with all sorts of solutions that none will work, because windows never works the same in two different machines.

:)

ΑλέξανδροςΑρχάγγελος, Apr 10, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 10, 2020
  3. garym123 Win User
    Delete People History

Then it is contact history.

I see no way to delete contact history directly.

You would have to delete the event that is listed in history.

If you have 'Home' as a contact, go to phone history, search for 'Home' and delete the call events to 'Home' they will not show up in history any longer

garym123, Apr 10, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.

1. Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way. - Similar Threads - Search History folders

2. delete search history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete search history: I can't delete search history from Microsoft Bing. I had no problem until a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-search-history/aa6dded2-36a5-4608-9e5c-a07a75ba20f5
  3. delete search history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete search history: I can't delete search history from Microsoft Bing. I had no problem until a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-search-history/aa6dded2-36a5-4608-9e5c-a07a75ba20f5
  4. Any way to search music by artist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to search music by artist?: I'm trying to clean up my music library and want to delete some artists, but I can only search by song title and no results show when I search by artist, surely there's a simple solution for this so I don't have to scroll through thousands of songs cherry picking what I want...
  5. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  6. how to delete Bing search history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete Bing search history: Hi everyone Im sorry but I just find Microsofts system so unnecessarily long winded and confusing! I'm trying to delete my Bing search history, everytime I try it asks me to login to my account, which I do, but there is no option to delete Bing search history! I've deleted...
  7. Unable to Delete Search History

Unable to Delete Search History: Today, I searched for a file in File Explorer and noticed that every time I try typing something in the search field, that old file name keeps appearing in a drop down menu. I tried highlighting the history item and pressing the "Delete" key, but this doesn't remove the file...
  8. Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to force delete a folder, regardless of permissions?: Hello, As often happens, I have an undeletable folder on my Windows 10 PC. I am logged in as me, the only user, an administrator, but, infuriatingly, when I recently updated Windows 10, Microsoft left a trail of junk lying around, including a folder called WindowsApps. I've...
  9. Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10?: Is there a way turn on search history in windows search on windows 10? I think it would be handy...is it possible? Thanks in advance. 69341
  10. Any way to review Notifications History?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to review Notifications History?: Not for the first time in W10 I noticed a notification slide off the screen before I had a chance to read it.. I need to access those notifications, after all, I'm in charge of the West's nuclear arsenal and could have missed something damned important! Anyone help...