Windows 10: Search hovers over first icon not Start button

Discus and support Search hovers over first icon not Start button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Search hovers over first icon not Start button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BRANDON_816, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Search hovers over first icon not Start button

Search hovers over first icon not Start button

:)

BRANDON_816, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Search hovers over first icon not Start button

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Search hovers over first icon not Start button

1. Search hovers over first icon not Start button - Similar Threads - Search hovers icon

2. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  3. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  4. Setting "Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon" not available in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting "Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon" not available in Windows 11: Setting "Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon" is not present in Taskbar settings/Taskbar behaviors, Windows 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000.The goal is to not show recent searches when I hover over ... I created a regedit entry, haven't checked if it...
  5. Setting "Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon" not available in Windows 11

Setting "Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon" not available in Windows 11: Setting "Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon" is not present in Taskbar settings/Taskbar behaviors, Windows 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000.The goal is to not show recent searches when I hover over ... I created a regedit entry, haven't checked if it...
  6. Strange Almost Invisible Box When I Hover Over The Search Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Almost Invisible Box When I Hover Over The Search Icon: This is a problem I've been having for around a week now, I recently switched to windows 11 and this has been bugging me ever since.Basically, every time I hover over the search icon, once it shows me my recent searches, once I click on one of the things on it or just stop...
  7. Strange Almost Invisible Box When I Hover Over The Search Icon

Strange Almost Invisible Box When I Hover Over The Search Icon: This is a problem I've been having for around a week now, I recently switched to windows 11 and this has been bugging me ever since.Basically, every time I hover over the search icon, once it shows me my recent searches, once I click on one of the things on it or just stop...
  8. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  9. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  10. Start Button Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button Search: As of this morning, none of my computers laptop and desktop and tablet will produce search results when clicking START >> then typing something. It worked yesterday. Thus clicking START > Word produces nothing. The START button works, otherwise. I did rebuild the index....