Windows 10: Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN)

Discus and support Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN) in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Our IT delivers French Windows on all our PCs, but given that I'm more comfortable with doing my software engineer work in English, I've... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by sba923, Dec 3, 2019.

1. sba923 Win User

Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN)

Hi,

Our IT delivers French Windows on all our PCs, but given that I'm more comfortable with doing my software engineer work in English, I've installed English as the Windows "display language":

Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN) 44d994df-ce47-4682-a594-7befaf73b88b?upload=true.png

Everything works fine (except for some parts of the UI still showing up in French, but that's another issue) except that if I try to search in the emoji picker I get:

Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN) 7aff1b33-4180-4eae-be1e-603424d2e356?upload=true.png

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14236/windows-language-packs does not seem applicable to me (OS version is 1803, build 17134.1006):

Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN) f0696526-6b9d-4e1a-a318-0a2e250a54fa?upload=true.png

How can I get emoji search to work?

:)

sba923, Dec 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 3, 2019
  3. pepanee Win User
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up.

I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet all I found is that this feature is limited to the US English language, in which I already have set up correctly, since I live in California.

I even tried enabling the "Show keyboard buttons" option in the Taskbar (refer to the picture below). When I press an emoji (using this method) it still doesn't show up. The only way I can use emojis is if I go to, for example: Get Emoji — All Emojis to ✂️ Copy and Paste
    and copy/paste the emojis from there.

Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN) [​IMG]

pepanee, Dec 3, 2019
  4. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Search in emoji picker doesn't work (OS language = FR, display language = EN) - Similar Threads - Search emoji picker

2. Emoji Picker Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emoji Picker Search Not Working: I can bring up the emoji picker with <Win+period> but when I try to search for an emoji by typing in the box, the box does not show the characters I type. Instead, it shows the keys in the order they are on the keyboard like this:What I type: smileWhat shows: qwertSometimes,...
  3. Emoji Picker Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emoji Picker Search Not Working: I can bring up the emoji picker with <Win+period> but when I try to search for an emoji by typing in the box, the box does not show the characters I type. Instead, it shows the keys in the order they are on the keyboard like this:What I type: smileWhat shows: qwertSometimes,...
  4. Win10 display language doesn't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 display language doesn't change: Hi, I have Windows 10 Corporate 20H2 and I can't change default system language. It's Russian by default and remains the same even after downloading and installing English language pack. Sure, I rebooted the PC - nothing changes. I experience it for a week, so it is...
  5. Emoji picker not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji picker not working properly: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.572 When I invoke the emoji panel (Win+.) it shows up but doesn't really function. The focus doesn't switch to it, I can click on an emoji with my mouse but nothing happens... submitted by /u/vegainer [link] [comments]...
  6. Where are the flag emojis in the emoji picker??

Where are the flag emojis in the emoji picker??: Just tried the emoji picker Win+. on update 2004 and I don't see any country flags? I can't even see the regional indicators either... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-flag-emojis-in-the-emoji-picker/f7ba8a5f-66cc-49db-9abd-2ce622b8676d
  7. language display

language display: overnight something must of been added to my windows 10 it has changed to portugese ..like wth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-display/dc7b791a-eb6f-4b27-91c2-6d3b43c4919a
  8. Display Language

Display Language: Hi, my laptop was unable to change the display language from Chinese to English. Please suggest me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-language/b18ad44f-b98c-4a82-9d6e-bec2bcef1ae9
  9. display language

display language: how can i change my dispiay language.Thought i have downloaded English language pack in the preferred language,there is only chinese language pack i can choose in the dispaly language....
  10. Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically

Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically: Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically, and to delete them i have to add this input methods because they existe just on switching list.... but they will come back again and i have to do it all over... help me to solve this problem forever...