Windows 10: Search in external storage device

Discus and support Search in external storage device in Cortana to solve the problem; How can I search a word in documents that are in an external storage device?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TamarA.C, Dec 25, 2020.

1. TamarA.C Win User

Search in external storage device

How can I search a word in documents that are in an external storage device?

:)

TamarA.C, Dec 25, 2020

2. Update Assistant does not detect External Storage Device

I am currently facing an issue with the update assistant. The problem comes from the prompt as seen from this webpage

Free up space for Windows 10 updates

The issue is in "Step 2: Connect an external storage device". It says to
    "Connect your external storage device and wait until you see it in the drop-down list" but the external storage device already connected to my device (and shows up on My PC) is not shown on the drop down list. Can you help?

Search in external storage device c6321704-8541-466f-88a9-ab5e75fbdf04?upload=true.png

Haziq Jamaludin, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Quirky behaviour with external HDD

Since you have already checked Device Manager and did not see any errors, we suggest that you manually uninstall the device drivers for your external drives. Doing this will allow the system to install the driver for your external drive automatically and
    correct any error. You can follow the steps below to uninstall the device driver:

• Search for Device Manager via Cortana and hit the
      Enter key.
    • Go to View, and click Show hidden icons.
    • On the Device Manager, check under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (if the drive is connected via USB). The drive should appear as a USB Mass Storage Device.
    • Uninstall the USB Mass Storage Device listed in the Device Manager.
    • Restart your PC.
    • After restarting, allow the default USB Mass Storage Device drivers to be automatically downloaded by windows. Make sure that you are connected to the internet for this process to push through.
    • Reinstall all other drivers from the support website of your External drive.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Search in external storage device

external storage device

Hi Janet,

There are several reasons which can cause this error in your computer. One of these is the specified network resource or device is no longer available. A power supply issue may be a cause. But also many issues may cause this problem. As a best advice, we
    suggest that you plug your external storage device to another USB port. Please try to plug this device into the USB port which in the back panel.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Search in external storage device

1. Search in external storage device - Similar Threads - Search external storage

2. Storage devices not accessible internal, external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage devices not accessible internal, external: The accessibility of internal and external usb storage devices has become blocked in Windows 11 complete with all latest updates. This concerns an internal Samsung SSD 859 EVO 500GB Drive SSD and an internal TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB drive DVD and any external usb storage...
  3. Storage devices not accessible internal, external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage devices not accessible internal, external: The accessibility of internal and external usb storage devices has become blocked in Windows 11 complete with all latest updates. This concerns an internal Samsung SSD 859 EVO 500GB Drive SSD and an internal TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB drive DVD and any external usb storage...
  4. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  5. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  6. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Best external storage device for HP Stream

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best external storage device for HP Stream: Can anyone share advice for the best and most affordable external storage device compatible with an HP Stream? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-external-storage-device-for-hp-stream/9e7ad45b-c67b-4a87-b306-ddf7364af7d4
  8. Using External Storage Device for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using External Storage Device for Windows Update: I have Windows Update Assistant to update Windows 10. The laptop I am using has a 28 GB hard drive so even after using disk cleanup and moving files I won't be able to get 8GB free, at least without drastic changes such as uninstalling Office.. Supposedly one can attach a...
  9. Hitachi External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hitachi External Storage Device: Cannot get my Hatachi External Storage device to be recognized, using plug and play. Is there a driver that I need to download? If so, where can I find it?...
  10. Solid State external storage device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Solid State external storage device: I have a 1TB solid state storage device that plugs into a USB port. I can see the device in device manager but can not see the device in file explorer. How can I fix this?...