Windows 10: Search in file explorer - windows 10

Discus and support Search in file explorer - windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello. Is it possible to search in file explorer (windows 10) for specific files based on a time, but not date? Regards, Leif... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Leif Iver, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Leif Iver Win User

Search in file explorer - windows 10

Hello. Is it possible to search in file explorer (windows 10) for specific files based on a time, but not date? Regards, Leif

:)

Leif Iver, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2019
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Search in file explorer - windows 10

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Search in file explorer - windows 10

1. Search in file explorer - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Search file explorer

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Bar: Greetings.File explorer changed on me yesterday and I can't change it back. Before yesterday if I opened file explorer and typed in the search bar I could see a long list of previous searches that has a little x at the end of them so I could delete them with a mouse click....
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 File Explorer Search Box: File Explorer Search - does anyone know how the search algorithm works or if there is any rhyme or reason for the order of results? Or better yet, do you know a way to define sort rules for this search?...
  5. Windows 10 File Explorer search issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer search issues: Having issues with file search on both my desktop and laptop. the laptop is new and the desktop was just upgraded to windows 10, so I'm not super familiar with Windows 10 just yet, I had been using windows 7 with no issues with this scenario. The desktop is Windows 10 pro,...
  6. Windows File Explorer Search

Windows File Explorer Search: I used to always search for a file with a name or subject and could get a large list of items. Now, the search will only search the recent month even when I have no dates chosen. I even tried to choose dates and modified for last 5 years and will only bring up items from the...
  7. Windows Explorer and searching files

Windows Explorer and searching files: Normally when I open an explorer window and lets say click DESKTOP or DOWNLOADS, the display quickly and automaticatcally displays whatever I click on. Occationally when I click on DESKTOP or DOWNLOADS or any other folder for that matter, I see the Quick Access green bar...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue

Windows 10 File Explorer Search issue: Hi I've just started using Windows 10 and have found that when I do a search in File Explorer, I cannot adjust the column widths as the normal bar at the top for adjusting the widths disappears in Search mode and therefore can't see where the files I've searched for are...
  9. File search in Windows 10 Explorer

File search in Windows 10 Explorer: How do I search file contents for keywords that contain special characters (i.e., ':') in Explorer? I've enabled Search File Contents in the Advanced Search Options, but search does not return anything if my key word contains non-alphanumeric characters, such as colon (:)...
  10. Search in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Search in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Search in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Search in File Explorer in Windows 10 The Search Box in File Explorer allows you to find and view all your files and folders in one place. As you type in the Search Box, a simple search through the index begins to...