Windows 10: search in full screen , is there a fix ?

Discus and support search in full screen , is there a fix ? in Cortana to solve the problem; HiI have a problem with search window , it does open in full screen i have installed and updated several times ,this nasty issue is always... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IanCrown, Aug 16, 2021.

1. IanCrown Win User

search in full screen , is there a fix ?

HiI have a problem with search window , it does open in full screen i have installed and updated several times ,this nasty issue is always presentwithout enabling the search icon in the taskbar ,when i open the search with win+s the window is full screen , windows 10 is updated and the version is w10 21H1 1943.1165i have tried sfc /scannowi have tried Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthI have tried to boot in safe mode , this nasty bug is always presentis there a definitive fix i have seeing this bug 1 year ago o

:)

IanCrown, Aug 16, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 16, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 16, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. search in full screen , is there a fix ? - Similar Threads - search full screen

2. how to fix frames for game when in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix frames for game when in full screen: whenever i click on my games for example Roblox or Roblox studios it seems to run fine when the window is very small but when it is in full screen mode the fps drops dramatically low like from 50-60 sometimes it says inf but when its full screen it always drops to a dramatic...
  3. how to fix frames for game when in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix frames for game when in full screen: whenever i click on my games for example Roblox or Roblox studios it seems to run fine when the window is very small but when it is in full screen mode the fps drops dramatically low like from 50-60 sometimes it says inf but when its full screen it always drops to a dramatic...
  4. Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box covers almost full of the screen: I have my Windows search box and whenever I open it there is a blank area where it covers the screen. I dont know when it happens since I dont use it that much but I want to fix it...
  5. search window in full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    search window in full screen: hi had somebody notice a search window in full screen ? if i boot w10 and i click win + s i get a search in full screen is there a fix? i tried sfc dism nothing fixed 183837
  6. Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?: Hello, I have a problem when I want to play games in full-screen. Every time when I try it, the game automatically minimize at the start. When I try to open it, it kicks me out like pressing (alt + tab). It feels like when I open it, the game loses the focus. I have no...
  7. Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (x64) v. 2004 build 19041.572 This problem only occurred after the latest feature update... ergo updating to 2004 release. The problem is still very random and eventually fixes itself (supposedly) but the steps to reproduce are not identifiable at...
  8. Windows search always opens full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search always opens full screen: Hi, I'm having problems with the windows+s search function. Whenever I use it to search, it opens up like this. I disabled full screen for the start menu and updated windows in hope that it would fix the issue. However, it still persists. On other windows 10 devices, it...
  9. Windows 10 Search - Full Screen Height - Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search - Full Screen Height - Issues: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TOKYOLADC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiitce/windows_10_search_full_screen_height_issues/
  10. TOR search results ain't appearing in full screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TOR search results ain't appearing in full screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showin[ATTACH][ATTACH]n full screen & thick black rectangles covering the edges of screen. see img. Help, i beg you. P.S.> Already tried installing & uninstalling the browser multiple times & i...