Windows 10: Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

Discus and support Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019 in Cortana to solve the problem; A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Marc Warnsdorf, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any results. We know about rebuilding search database, but the issue happens very frequently, so we have had to disable cached mode in Outlook. Disabling cached mode has the drawback of Outlook becoming very slow navigating between folders and shared mailboxes.

The issue seems to have connection to Microsoft Search, we also noticed that when you search in the Start Menu there are also results issues could there be a connection here?

Are there any plans on fixing this issue which has been going on for years?

:)

Marc Warnsdorf, Oct 15, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Hi folks
    Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019.

Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too tiny - especially when viewed on large screens !!

Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019 [​IMG]

I can't seem to get to similar screens in Outlook 2016/2019.
    In Some places you can't set size either - you just get choice of small, large, larger !!!!!!! definitely a retrograde step IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Oct 15, 2019
  4. DavePenn Win User

Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

Windows 10/Outlook 2016 Search Index Broken

I have a user who can no longer use the search function in outlook 2016. It doesn't give an error, it just wont return results.

After extensive googling, I have found and tried the following solutions to no avail.

1. Rebuild windows search index
    2. Delete windows.edb file and rebuild search index
    3. Remove outlook from the search index, reboot and add it again
    4. Full repair of outlook
    5. Scanpst to fix corrupted PST files (they weren't corrupted)

I have loaded the PST files into my outlook and I can search them, and there is no issues with any other computers in the office, so it is computer specific and not related to the PST file.

Does anyone have any other suggestions short of a full reinstall of windows? I am literally banging my head on the desk...

UPDATE

After more tinkering, I removed Outlook from the Search Index and tried searching for emails within outlook, and it worked... just really slowly. When I added Outlook back into the search index, it stopped working.

Also, searching is working for local drives, just not Outlook

DavePenn, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

1. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019 - Similar Threads - Search Outlook 2016

2. Outlook 2016 Search Calendar Occurrence body

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2016 Search Calendar Occurrence body: I have a series recurring event in my calendar. I can edit an occurrence to add additional information about that specific occurrence, however, it does not appear to be searchable. I have tried advanced searching, no luck. Also when I use the preview pane, it shows the series...
  3. Outlook 2016 Search Calendar Occurrence body

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 Search Calendar Occurrence body: I have a series recurring event in my calendar. I can edit an occurrence to add additional information about that specific occurrence, however, it does not appear to be searchable. I have tried advanced searching, no luck. Also when I use the preview pane, it shows the series...
  4. Outlook 2016/2019 -- search broken

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016/2019 -- search broken: Hi folks any ideas how to fix the search function in Ms office Outlook -- seems to have gone a bit bonkers after the latest Windows (not Office) updates -- works fine if i restore to windows before last update -- (latest build) repair office and re-build indexes doen't fix...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  6. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...
  7. Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar recurences not working!: Office 2016 & 2019 Outlook Calendar reminder recurrences not working! I have tried all the ways proposed on the net so far found and checked all the option settings and when it did not work with Office 2016 I loaded Office 2019 and it still did not work (Show reminders) I...
  8. Outlook 2016

Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  9. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book: I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book. They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...