Windows 10: Search in Outlook puts your results on top

Discus and support Search in Outlook puts your results on top in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we’re delighted to share updates in Outlook that bring your search results to the top of your app experience, add top results and relevant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Search in Outlook puts your results on top

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...op/ba-p/930232

:)

Brink, Nov 4, 2019

2. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the Search Index. The instant search feature appears to work within Outlook 2010, though. Is this by design in Windows 10? Or is there something broken on my system?

VelcroFace, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 4, 2019
  4. AceXII Win User

Outlook 2010 not returning full search results

I have a few users who have updated their Windows 10 PC. After the update, Outlook 2010 is not returning all of the search results.

I re-indexed all the computers and still it is not returning everything. Its not the Exchange Server either because we have an RDS server running Windows Server 2012 and the same version of Outlook and its working fine. Not to mention, we also have other Windows 10 users, who have not updated yet, that the search function still works.

I have also tried re-installing Outlook and that did not work either. Any suggestions???

AceXII, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Search in Outlook puts your results on top - Similar Threads - Search Outlook puts

2. Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...

in Cortana
    Search window is bugged and all the search results are squished in the top part. How do I...: For the last few weeks, I've been having this problem where whenever I try to search for something all the results are squished within the top 1/4th of the search overlay. If I just open the search from the search bar, it opens of squished and then fixes itself after a few...
  3. Your Top Searches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Top Searches: How to delete or remove in Microsoft Edge Your Top Searches, Please provide help and guidence. Thanks Shivam Dubey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-top-searches/16956777-fb46-4473-b294-11613f8647c4
  4. Bing search results

in Cortana
    Bing search results: Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to australia. I am signed in. Windows location is set to my city and country. Changing search engines isnt an option as i do most of my...
  5. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  6. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  7. Outlook Search Results - Blank "FROM" column

in Cortana
    Outlook Search Results - Blank "FROM" column: I have a report from several users in an office of an issue in Outlook 2016 32-bit standard edition. All users are using the same version of Outlook, installed on Windows 10 Pro x64. The office version is listed as 16.0.4783.1000 when viewing Outlook.exe properties...
  8. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?: Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the...
  9. Windows Movie Maker scam tops Google search results

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Movie Maker scam tops Google search results: The fake software asks you to pay for an "upgrade" to unlock the video editor's full features. The scam has spread globally with help from search engines. Victims who download the fake Windows Movie Maker do get Microsoft's video editor, but are blocked from features...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886