Windows 10: Search in Settings App does not work

Discus and support Search in Settings App does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I type something in the search box in the settings app, such as cmd, nothing returns and it states that it cannot find anything. This has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikeyhalla, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Search in Settings App does not work

When I type something in the search box in the settings app, such as cmd, nothing returns and it states that it cannot find anything. This has never happened to me before and I have tried everything except reinstall which I'm not going to do anytime soon. Reinstall is too much effort for such a small issue but is an issue that needs to be addressed nonetheless.

Search in Settings App does not work de22fd61-f343-4cfa-8806-de7a3fee0649?upload=true.png

I've already done:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    • sfc /scannow

…and the issue is still present.

:)

mikeyhalla, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Highdown Win User

Windows 10 Settings App Search Not working

Thank you for providing some suggestions.

I performed step 1, and at the end of the test, it reported "No changes or updates are necessary."

I then performed step 2 and received the same message at the end of the test.

After running the two tests above, I opened up Settings and typed "privacy", which should show some help categories (It does on my other Windows 10 computers). However, on the one computer there is no help information. It states "No result for privacy".
    It appears the Settings app help information list is empty or not found. Typing a single character, e.g., 'p', into the search box displays "No result for p".

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Is there a convenient way to have windows 10 try to repair itself without uninstalling my software and/or loosing all of my personal data.

Regards...

Highdown, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Search in Settings App does not work

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Search in Settings App does not work

1. Search in Settings App does not work - Similar Threads - Search Settings App

2. Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work: The search function within my Settings app does not work. I have up to date Windows 11 22H2. I have tried DISM restore health SFC scannow and it does not make any difference.Note: Searching through Windows and the taskbar works as normal.Any advice?...
  3. Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work: The search function within my Settings app does not work. I have up to date Windows 11 22H2. I have tried DISM restore health SFC scannow and it does not make any difference.Note: Searching through Windows and the taskbar works as normal.Any advice?...
  4. Search button not working and settings app not working.

in Cortana
    Search button not working and settings app not working.: My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working-and-settings-app-not/43a2205d-9c74-4ec9-936e-fb24c9b253fa
  5. Search button not working and settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search button not working and settings app not working.: My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working-and-settings-app-not/43a2205d-9c74-4ec9-936e-fb24c9b253fa
  6. Search button not working and settings app not working.

7. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  8. Search bar in windows settings app not working.

Search bar in windows settings app not working.: I have changed the name of my user folder including changing the required registry key and now the search bar in the setting sapp wil not work. Everything else seems to work fine however. Is there any fix for this or do i have to live without it?...
  9. searching Windows settings does not work

in Cortana
    searching Windows settings does not work: I used to be able to search and find bluetooth or other settings from the search bar or within Windows settings. Now searching for bluetooth or mouse results in a 'no results' message. When searching from the search bar Cortana? I've tried using the settings filter with...
  10. [Resolved] Search in "Settings" does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    [Resolved] Search in "Settings" does not work: Hello, I have 4 laptops and 1 tablet eligible for Windows 10 upgrade and I upgraded them all. On one system (Windows 10 Home, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Home laptop I bought 6 months ago), Search in "Settings" never returned anything, I always got "No results for...