Windows 10: Search in Windows 11 file explorer

Discus and support Search in Windows 11 file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stefaniay, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Stefaniay Win User

Search in Windows 11 file explorer

Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I open them, I can find it.2- I tried selecting "document" in search options/kind. Nothing changes. But how do I unselect a specific kind?! Clicking on it doesn't remove the dot. It remains selected. How to reset the search to "all"? I can't find a way.

:)

Stefaniay, Jan 3, 2022

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 3, 2022
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Search in Windows 11 file explorer - Similar Threads - Search file explorer

2. Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar: Hello,I want to search my entire PC for any hidden files that I may need to transfer from my old computer mainly due to how Minecraft Java Edition saves in AppData; which is hidden. Is it possible to only search for hidden files in the search bar? I have tried...
  3. Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar: Hello,I want to search my entire PC for any hidden files that I may need to transfer from my old computer mainly due to how Minecraft Java Edition saves in AppData; which is hidden. Is it possible to only search for hidden files in the search bar? I have tried...
  4. search file explorer in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  5. search file explorer in windows 11?

search file explorer in windows 11?: How do I search file explorer in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-file-explorer-in-windows-11/1feb626a-2e99-4347-923e-236cdfb085c7
  6. Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue

Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue: In the past, I was able to find a file by finding a match in any of the characters of a file. For instance, before I can find this file named "20220518_135209.jpg" if I typed in"209", "520", "518", or any matching strings of characters within the file name. Now, this file...
  7. Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explore Search Issue: In the past, I was able to find a file by finding a match in any of the characters of a file. For instance, before I can find this file named "20220518_135209.jpg" if I typed in"209", "520", "518", or any matching strings of characters within the file name. Now, this file...
  8. Windows 11 Search problems in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search problems in File Explorer: In File Explorer, I have been used to being able to search for all files within subfolders using *.* and also to search for files by type e.g., .otf, .ttf, .png, but since beginning to use Windows 11, that doesn't always work, and I am at a loss as to why it only works...
  9. Windows 11 Search problems in File Explorer

Windows 11 Search problems in File Explorer: In File Explorer, I have been used to being able to search for all files within subfolders using *.* and also to search for files by type e.g., .otf, .ttf, .png, but since beginning to use Windows 11, that doesn't always work, and I am at a loss as to why it only works...
  10. Search in Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search in Windows 11 file explorer: Hello,I have two issues with the search in Win 11.1- I have a folder with pdf, xls and doc files. If I search for a specific word that I know exists in all files, the results only show the pdf files. But I know that the word is contained in the Word and Excel files too. If I...