Windows 10: search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next?

Discus and support search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I couldn't find any tutorial or help in the search utility can anyone help me? 18007 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 20, 2015.

1. search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next?

I couldn't find any tutorial or help in the search utility can anyone help me?

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 20, 2015

2. Search doesn't return results

Hi,

Awhile ago, I rebuilt my search index. After I rebuilt the search index, I try to search for a program like "control panel" or "settings" but the search says no results found. Here is my current indexed locations:

search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next? [​IMG]

How do I reset the search index to the default settings?

sibregslexakcips, Aug 20, 2015
  3. No Search in Windows 10 File Explorer

I rebuilt the index in the advanced options box. The search function now works.

Michael77717, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next?

1. search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next? - Similar Threads - search index working

2. What do I do next

in Windows 10 Customization
    What do I do next: so I have updated Microsoft money to 2005, but still candt get VAT to work, ticked all the boxes, and vat entry box shows on transaction but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-next/5cb90712-b760-4dcd-94a3-6df936f4815f
  3. Search & indexing not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search & indexing not working.: Search & indexing not working & the HELP site from Microsoft Support with the heading Search indexing in Windows 10: FAQ Does Not Help. Using say File Explorer if I search for a file by its name first near the top it reads: Working on it. Then the thinner strip up near the...
  4. Search & indexing not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search & indexing not working.: Search & indexing not working & the HELP site from Microsoft Support with the heading Search indexing in Windows 10: FAQ Does Not Help. Using say File Explorer if I search for a file by its name first near the top it reads: Working on it. Then the thinner strip up near the...
  5. Search & indexing not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Every time i try to search anything, this comes up. i have rebuilt the search index

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time i try to search anything, this comes up. i have rebuilt the search index: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DankCatMemer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld0qdk/every_time_i_try_to_search_anything_this_comes_up/
  7. Search index not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search index not working: Hey guys, The search index on my task bar isn't working. I have tried the Windows troubleshooting, but it didn't work. I have tried searching the problem but can' t seem to find the problem. Also, when I start my computer, I get the message that the file taskschd.dll isn't...
  8. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...
  9. Search Index not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Index not working: I have tried so many different things on forums and I still cannot get my search index to work. Both my C and E drives are set for indexing. And the Search Index properties show no Locations as the Index is not running. My permissions are set for Local Administrator. I do...
  10. Search Index is not working!

in Cortana
    Search Index is not working!: My windows search index is not working, when I try to open options and rebuild index it shows waiting to receive indexing status... As you can see below, that's what I'm getting! Need help asap! [ATTACH]...