Windows 10: search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next?

Discus and support search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I couldn't find any tutorial or help in the search utility can anyone help me? 18007 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 20, 2015.

1. search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next?

I couldn't find any tutorial or help in the search utility can anyone help me?

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 20, 2015

2. Search doesn't return results

Hi,

Awhile ago, I rebuilt my search index. After I rebuilt the search index, I try to search for a program like "control panel" or "settings" but the search says no results found. Here is my current indexed locations:

search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next? [​IMG]

How do I reset the search index to the default settings?

sibregslexakcips, Aug 20, 2015
  3. No Search in Windows 10 File Explorer

I rebuilt the index in the advanced options box. The search function now works.

Michael77717, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next?

1. search index not working rebooted, rebuilt, what do I try next? - Similar Threads - search index working

2. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...
  3. What to do next?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do next?: I've decided to completely reset everything on my laptop because I couldn't bear the slowness of it and thought it was a good idea. I've gone past the other user problem and now logged in as administrator. I don't know what to do now. I can't do anything. I can't open up...
  4. Search Index not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Index not working: I have tried so many different things on forums and I still cannot get my search index to work. Both my C and E drives are set for indexing. And the Search Index properties show no Locations as the Index is not running. My permissions are set for Local Administrator. I do...
  5. What can I do with a Bogus reboot

What can I do with a Bogus reboot: I do sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again. I have rebooted my computer 500 times, but nothing changes. What could be wrong?...
  6. What to try next, 0xc000000f

What to try next, 0xc000000f: Acer Aspire E 15 (E5 573G) So I got this bluescreen with error code 0xc000000f, and the first thing I did was to download the windows installation media on a flash drive. I plug it in and chose it as nr1 in boot menu list (F12). Then in troubleshooting menu, the first thing...
  7. Search Index is not working!

in Cortana
    Search Index is not working!: My windows search index is not working, when I try to open options and rebuild index it shows waiting to receive indexing status... As you can see below, that's what I'm getting! Need help asap! [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Search indexing not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search indexing not working properly: Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches" The...
  9. Windows Search indexing not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search indexing not working properly: Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches" The...
  10. Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing: I tired of these things, every time when i try come in Windows 10 same bugs happened again and again. One of this - Cortana not indexing any new files, i tried restarting services, changing different folders, rebuilding indexing, making system scan, troubleshooting, nothing...