Windows 10: Search & Index problem

Discus and support Search & Index problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager. It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program) [img] I want to quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rypz79, Aug 30, 2018.

1. rypz79 Win User

Search & Index problem

Hi,

I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager.
    It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program)

Search & Index problem [​IMG]

I want to quick access them pressing the windows key and start typing their name which invokes suggestions.

I have specifically indexed only this program and it's sub-programs within my windows partition (also indexed my data partition)

Search & Index problem [​IMG]

still I don't get these sub-programs while typing their names on the search bar.

How can I solve this problem ?
    Does cortana search local files only within the indexed ones ?

TNX ALOT

:)

rypz79, Aug 30, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Santosh_Rai Win User
    Help fixing windows search: Windows search service and indexing do not work. Maybe Registry problem.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you fro trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run Search and Indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• a. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

b. Select the Troubleshooting option.

c. Select View All option and select the Search and Indexing.

d. Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 30, 2018
  4. NovatoN Win User

Search & Index problem

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Search & Index problem

1. Search & Index problem - Similar Threads - Search Index problem

2. Windows Search indexing not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search indexing not working properly: Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches" The...
  3. Problem in Indexing

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem in Indexing: I am having a problem with the indexing. Indexing options opens the window with empty locations. Modify is disabled On clicking advance, opens the rebuilt window after a long period. The window is empty. No path for current location. On clicking rebuilt it will not do...
  4. Windows Search and/or Indexing Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search and/or Indexing Broken: Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have encountered an interesting problem. I realized it initially when I would press start and begin to type a program's name in order to run it, as I was doing with Windows 7, but it would not find any results and would prompt me...
  5. Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume: I can't get windows 10 to search mounted truecrypt volumes, ie, type part of the file name into the "search windows" box and it doesn't bring up a "best match", I just get "no results found". I have added the volumes to indexing locations in the indexing options (eg local...
  6. Windows Search and Indexing Broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Search and Indexing Broken: After upgrading to TH2 I had an issue with windows search. The service wouldn't start at all. I managed to run the Windows Search service. I had to delete the Key RebuildIndex and change value of key SetupCompletedSuccessfully to 1. [img] Now that the search...
  7. Search Indexer Always Resetting

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Indexer Always Resetting: Hi, so I noticed that my Search Indexer keeps resetting and starting from scratch. It gets to a very big number of indexed files a few hours later, then resets back to a low number whenever I check it. I went to the Event Viewer and I found what is crashing it: The search...
  8. Strange Search Indexer Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Search Indexer Issue: I've never encountered this bug before. So a few days ago, my Search Indexer decided to go strange on me. I wasn't able to find files on different drives that are connected to the computer. I did all 3 options at: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials...
  9. Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing: I tired of these things, every time when i try come in Windows 10 same bugs happened again and again. One of this - Cortana not indexing any new files, i tried restarting services, changing different folders, rebuilding indexing, making system scan, troubleshooting, nothing...
  10. Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:: dual boot system 10 on C:, 7 on D: Search indexing insists on indexing drive D: instead of C: No matter how many times I uncheck indexing locations on D: and choose proper locations on C:, when indexing starts to rebuild it reverts back to D: I though I had solved by...