Windows 10: Search input fails, News/Interests fails, can't create new accounts... Troubleshooter...

Discus and support Search input fails, News/Interests fails, can't create new accounts... Troubleshooter... in Cortana to solve the problem; So recently my search input just stopped working task bar and file explorer. I can't type into the search field which was how I found most of my apps... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jankylaptop, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Search input fails, News/Interests fails, can't create new accounts... Troubleshooter...

So recently my search input just stopped working task bar and file explorer. I can't type into the search field which was how I found most of my apps and files. I also noticed that News and Interests via the task bar shows and icon with the weather, but won't expand to show more. I tried creating a new account to see if maybe it was in my user account, but the window to do so pops up, stays blank, and fades away.I read that a recent update ending in 3637 could be the cause and to uninstall it-- Nope. Not in the list for uninstalling.Ran various powershell commands, tried enabling and disabli

:)

jankylaptop, Jun 15, 2021
  2. lorne9053 Win User

after creating new user account the app store doesn't work

I have tried this several times with the same result:

create a new user account with local log-in

when returning to my own user account a number of my store apps will not run

none of the suggested fixes help:

• wsreset.exe fails [remote procedure failed]
    • entering several command lines at a system prompt fails [the entered location cannot be found]
    • deleting the newly created user account
    the only way I have found to fix this is to restore the computer to a previous time.

please don't suggest I try a bunch of the usual procedures to fix the store

this is something specifically to do with opening the new user account. is this an known issue?

lorne9053, Jun 15, 2021
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Search input fails, News/Interests fails, can't create new accounts... Troubleshooter...

New accounts

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

If the issue doesn't persists with new User Account, I would suggest you to fix the corrupted user account and check.

Method 1:

To create a new User Account follow these steps:

• Click on Start. Click on
      Settings.
    • Type ‘Add, delete and manage other user accounts’ in search box.
    • Now click on ‘Add someone else to this pc’.
    • And follow the instructions to create a new User Account.

Method 2: To fix the corrupted User Account, refer to the below link and try the suggestion of Jessen P replied on November 5, 2013:

Windows 8 User Profile corrupted

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Search input fails, News/Interests fails, can't create new accounts... Troubleshooter...

1. Search input fails, News/Interests fails, can't create new accounts... Troubleshooter... - Similar Threads - Search input fails

2. Windows Search and News and Interests not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search and News and Interests not working: Hello all,I'm not at all sure how this happened, but for some reason, Windows Search functionality is broken on my computer, as is News and Interests. I can't search for anything and if I click on or so much as hover over News and Interests, a box shows up and then...
  3. Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.: https://ibb.co/KrgjYbv I've learned when I updated Windows to the 21H1 update, the current Windows Task bar has an option called the "News and Interests" widget on the task bar. I've disabled it, but apparently my search bar is glitching due to disabling it. The only way to...
  4. news and interest bar "No Account Connected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interest bar "No Account Connected": when I click on news and I see this message no connected accounts. I 've signed in with my Microsoft account but message still shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-bar-no-account-connected/384c90db-dfbe-41ab-85eb-b53ddc28ce90
  5. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. Hide News and Interests for new users

Hide News and Interests for new users: Hello!How can I hide the News and Interests widget from taskbar but for new users ?Clarification I don't want to use a policy neither Group Policy or HKLM\Software\Policies.For the current user I'm editing the registry, more precisely the key...
  7. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  8. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  9. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  10. create a new folder failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    create a new folder failed: When I right click to create a new folder, the computer or explorer freeze or not respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-folder-failed/01af2063-fb03-458f-94cb-07e6cdd9ac40