Windows 10: Search is not working in AppData folder

Discus and support Search is not working in AppData folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to exclude the AppData folder from exceptions but the search is not still working in it. Is this a hidden folder? c:\users\User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jude Krout, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Search is not working in AppData folder

I tried to exclude the AppData folder from exceptions but the search is not still working in it.

Is this a hidden folder? c:\users\User name\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Internet Explorer\User Pinned

Thank you.

:)

Jude Krout, Aug 10, 2020

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 10, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Search is not working in AppData folder

search not working in appdata

AppData is a protected, hidden folder and generally cannot be searched. Enable hidden files and folders in File Explorer options if you want to search it.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on Directly, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Search is not working in AppData folder

1. Search is not working in AppData folder - Similar Threads - Search working AppData

2. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  3. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  4. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AppData folder in OneDrive

AppData folder in OneDrive: Hi, considering that the AppData folder is the biggest in my user folder, could it be possible to sync it to OneDrive and free space on the hard drive? Thank you for your support. Fed...
  6. Deleting Folders In AppData

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Folders In AppData: I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other...
  7. an "AppData" folder problem!

an "AppData" folder problem!: Hello there, recently, i was looking in the AppData folder and it's subfolder (under my user directory) and suddenly i came across with an strange thing! I fund some folders of some old applications i used to use back in days which i uninstalled them 5 month ago and i no...
  8. search not working in appdata

search not working in appdata: I did try to bing this but all I saw was problems with the search in the task bar and my problem is with the file explorer I have files located at appdata\roaming\…\history There are a lot and I wanted to see those that had HPZ400 in the file name File Manager said none...
  9. Moving Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Appdata folder: I am looking to move the Appdata folder within my user file. I have tried previously to move it(changing the location of the files inside it)and it caused system hangs and a loss of the start menu. Ive also tried to do the old method of running though audit mode and that...
  10. Curious appdata folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious appdata folders: This is just a 'for curiosity' enquiry as the disk in question is out of service due to bad block errors. Under appdata\Local there are 1244 empty folders like below - wonder how they got there? 51606