Windows 10: Search is not working propperly

Discus and support Search is not working propperly in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi all, I am currently having the issue where I'd search for a certain part of a file's name that I know is there but Search doesn't bring it up.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TheunisHall, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Search is not working propperly

Hi all,

I am currently having the issue where I'd search for a certain part of a file's name that I know is there but Search doesn't bring it up.

This is the situation:

I have a folder full of Photoshop files and a certain part of them have either 'iPhone', 'Phone' or 'Samsung phone' in the name. The folder I was looking for is named 'Arm holding phone 01'. I thought that maybe the file was gone but I manually searched for it and there it was.

So I don't know what's going on. It's not just this one folder though.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TheunisHall, Apr 7, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 7, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Search is not working propperly

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Search is not working propperly

1. Search is not working propperly - Similar Threads - Search working propperly

2. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode: Hello, I've had a problem for quite some time where when I click on sleep mode, instead of entering into sleep mode the computer instead just turns off the monitors.I ran "powercfg /requests" and it returnedDISPLAY:None.SYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  3. Search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not working: I've just noticed this problem a few days ago and since then I've tried every online troubleshooter, but my search bar the one next to the windows button and the file explorer search have stopped working both, here's what I've tried:Windows search troubleshooter 2x;Restarting...
  4. Search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search not working: Hello, I have a problem with the searchI clicked the search icon on the task bar and no matter what I spam or something like that it just don't register any thingThis is so annoying that need to remember App's places and open them with cmdAnyone can help me out?...
  5. Search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search not working: I cannot use 'search' from the taskbar or explorer. I cannot type in the box which simply goes black in explorer or a black window from taskbar both of which immediately refresh leaving a clean box. .The problem resolves if I boot in safe mode.The problem does not resolve...
  6. Batch script does not work propperly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch script does not work propperly: Hello everybody, I've recently created a script which adds compatibility mode via CMD but I have problems getting it to work: REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "%CD%\mha2.exe" /t REG_SZ /d "WINXPSP3 256COLOR 640X480" /f...
  7. search not working

in Cortana
    search not working: Type here to search flashes on and off and does not show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-not-working/626ef4eb-d607-4d1a-b83b-c0cb2df5df8f
  8. Search is not working propperly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search is not working propperly: Hi all, I am currently having the issue where I'd search for a certain part of a file's name (that I know is there) but Search doesn't bring it up. This is the situation: I have a folder full of Photoshop files and a certain part of them have either 'iPhone', 'Phone' or...
  9. PC won't start up propperly and random BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't start up propperly and random BSOD: So a month ago I build my first pc second overall. The first days were fine. Then I began noticing some problems. The most common issue I got now is when I turn off the pc in the evening and turn it on the next morning it doesn't want to boot directly. I get past the screen...
  10. No audio playback of my microphone despite propper settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio playback of my microphone despite propper settings.: Hello folks, long story short: I want to listen to myself when I speak in to my microphone but can only do so with latency. I followed tutorials that claimed to have found a fix: right click sounds - playback - right click on my headphones - levels - unmute microphone....