Windows 10: Search Just Stops Working

Discus and support Search Just Stops Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've not seen any threads here nor elsewhere about this, so here is my plaint, Search just stops working. For example, as search had stopped a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Not Myself, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Search Just Stops Working

I've not seen any threads here nor elsewhere about this, so here is my plaint, Search just stops working.

For example, as search had stopped a few days ago, I rebooted a few hours ago, and search started working. Now, it has again quit; all I get when I type anything in is a black box. From the time search started until it stopped, the only thing I have used the computer for is reading news, forums, and the like on-line. No new software nor updates, now no search.

I have run the supposed fixes I have read about, such as rebuilding the search index; none of these solutions have solved anything for me. Any/all thoughts, ideas, cures, incantations, and related items welcome.

:)

Not Myself, Sep 2, 2015

2. 2nd Nuron just stops working?

try removing SIM card and memory card. Then plug in the charger.

Does the Neuron wake up with the charger connected and start charging? It might take a few minutes if your battery was completely dead.

If yes the if you press and hold the power key can you get it to then power up?

If no then your Neuron is most likely totally dead

If it charges, but doesn't power up then it may be some corruption in the SW.

jacobsladder---01, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Sumguy06 Win User
    2nd Nuron just stops working?

Well !

I am surprised to say that your advice worked. It started charging after a minute or so and it does power on.

Is there some app that sucks the power down really quick? I was playing with one of the GPS mapping programs. Could that have done it?

Sumguy06, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Search Just Stops Working

1. Search Just Stops Working - Similar Threads - Search Stops Working

2. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. My search bar just stopped working

in Cortana
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  5. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  6. My search bar just stopped working

7. laptop just stop working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop just stop working: my pc ran into a problem and need to restart, then a message display that we're collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you, the message also display stop code: CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT, and say for more information about this issue visit...
  8. Keyboard just stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard just stopped working: My HP15 laptop keyboard just stopped working. I checked the device mgr, reloaded drivers and finally removed the drivers. Then I replaced the physical keyboard but still no keyboard action. A USB keyboard works fine but I need to fix the laptop keyboard. What can I do? Len...
  9. Printer just stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer just stopped working!: Seems that right after the last update, can't print from Publisher or Word. Device window shows correct printer set as default- everything else "normal". Anyone else??? Laserjet 1200 series thanks Jeff...
  10. Cortana just stops working

Cortana just stops working: I can't believe I am the only person with this problem. Cortana works , more or less, for a day or so and then just suddenly I click on "ask me anything" and nothing happens. Cortana is just plain non-responsive. If I re-boot my machine it starts working again until the next...