Windows 10: Search keeps popping up and I have no idea what - if anything - I'm pressing to cause it

Discus and support Search keeps popping up and I have no idea what - if anything - I'm pressing to cause it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP 14cm-0026na if it's relevant - but when I'm typing, every now and then the Windows search bar comes up as though I've pressed Win-S. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aggressive-Zinfandel, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Search keeps popping up and I have no idea what - if anything - I'm pressing to cause it

I have an HP 14cm-0026na if it's relevant - but when I'm typing, every now and then the Windows search bar comes up as though I've pressed Win-S.

Is there any other explanation for why this keeps appearing, i.e. any other shortcut that I might inadvertently be hitting?

I can't work out what's causing it, at first I thought maybe I could be knocking Win and S at the same time, but it doesn't do it for any of the other shortcuts - it's driving me crazy and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on it.

submitted by /u/Aggressive-Zinfandel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aggressive-Zinfandel, Mar 17, 2020

2. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Search keeps popping up and I have no idea what - if anything - I'm pressing to cause it

Blackscreen after pressing shutdown and the computer is still on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue might be caused due to some issues with Power Management, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Search keeps popping up and I have no idea what - if anything - I'm pressing to cause it

1. Search keeps popping up and I have no idea what - if anything - I'm pressing to cause it - Similar Threads - Search keeps popping

2. What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas: In Sept-Oct of 2023 I built my current PC and at the start of Feb my PC stared to blue screening randomly and even doing blue screens errors on start up. I traced back the issue to a windows update; 2024-02 Cumulative Update for windows 11 version 23h2 for x64-based systems...
  3. What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong with Windows cause I'm out of ideas: In Sept-Oct of 2023 I built my current PC and at the start of Feb my PC stared to blue screening randomly and even doing blue screens errors on start up. I traced back the issue to a windows update; 2024-02 Cumulative Update for windows 11 version 23h2 for x64-based systems...
  4. Pc keeps BSOD I have no idea whats causing it anymore. iqrl_not_less_or_equal error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps BSOD I have no idea whats causing it anymore. iqrl_not_less_or_equal error: I just need help Ive tried fixing my pc in every possible way and nothing has worked, can someone please analyse my dmp files and find out what I need to do or what is causing the issuehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tdxBZ99Vemk0qG2IBa8USH976xX80wcR?usp=sharing...
  5. Pc keeps BSOD I have no idea whats causing it anymore. iqrl_not_less_or_equal error

Pc keeps BSOD I have no idea whats causing it anymore. iqrl_not_less_or_equal error: I just need help Ive tried fixing my pc in every possible way and nothing has worked, can someone please analyse my dmp files and find out what I need to do or what is causing the issuehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tdxBZ99Vemk0qG2IBa8USH976xX80wcR?usp=sharing...
  6. Search Window keeps popping up....

in Cortana
    Search Window keeps popping up....: Search Window keeps popping up....How can I stop this from happening???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-keeps-popping-up/96204ca6-4340-47b9-b6b7-d74298556c35
  7. I have a slight issue, this popped up and i have no idea fix this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a slight issue, this popped up and i have no idea fix this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/donteatmyshoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kckc35/i_have_a_slight_issue_this_popped_up_and_i_have/
  8. Bluescreen ntoskrnl.exe and have no idea what is causing it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen ntoskrnl.exe and have no idea what is causing it: Hi All, I have only today started getting bluescreens on my machine and I am trying to work out what is causing them but can't seem to see what it is. Would anyone be able to review my minidump files and advise what could be causing it? My minidumps are here...
  9. When I press space, a search window pops up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I press space, a search window pops up: Sometimes when I'm using my computer, suddenly the space bar will stop functioning normally. Instead of typing a space as it should, pressing the space bar causes the Windows 10 start menu search bar to pop up in the middle of the screen see screenshot. [ATTACH] If I type...
  10. Search bar keeps popping up

Search bar keeps popping up: Good day I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise. 99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511 10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized desktops, all of the same spec Now when using some of the PC's, the user clicks on the Start button and the Search button...