Windows 10: Search loading too long

Discus and support Search loading too long in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I search something the first time, I get greeted with "Search is taking too long" with a refresh button. When I press that button, the thing I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoudenEeuw, May 13, 2020.

1. Search loading too long

When I search something the first time, I get greeted with "Search is taking too long" with a refresh button. When I press that button, the thing I am trying to find comes up instant, so it isn't a case of slow hardware. After that the search behaves normally again until I reboot and/or restart which further proofs that it's not caused due to slow hardware.

Hopefully someone can find a solution that isn't reinstalling. (It seems like every time I reinstall Windows, something else breaks and right now it's the most stable every where else and yes, it was the ISO from Windows themselves.)

I tried the SFC scan, the image repair, setting Windows Search to automatic and enabled instead of automatic (delayed.) I cleaned the disks including Windows files and did the re-indexed my files. Everything from drivers to windows itself is updated.

Spec:

Windows 10 Home Edition (legal) ASUS Prime x470 AMD Ryzen 7 x3700 16gb corsair ram rx480 8gb 500 watt 80+ gold PSU Samsung Evo 850 SSD (Windows + programs) Baracuda 2tb HDD (games and media files)

Thank you!

submitted by /u/GoudenEeuw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoudenEeuw, May 13, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 13, 2020
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, May 13, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Search loading too long

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Search loading too long

1. Search loading too long - Similar Threads - Search loading too

2. Safe Mode takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode takes too long to load: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why[Original Title: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-takes-too-long-to-load/7016f755-f063-4651-b38b-867f8e0774b2
  3. Virtual Box taking too long to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box taking too long to load: Hello! So whenever I'm trying to use Virtual Box it's just stuck on like loading like I can't move my mouse, or do anything. The only solution for it to shutdown I just wait for my battery to drain I'm using a laptop. Please help me...
  4. Lenovo laptop too long on the loading screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo laptop too long on the loading screen: Hello, I'm not sure when this issue started but lately it started to really annoy. The problem is that whenever I start my laptop after shut down it will hang way too long on the Lenovo loading screen: [img] How can I tell if it's a problem in the laptop itself...
  5. Lots of websites taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lots of websites taking too long to load: Recently I've been getting an issue on chrome, edge and internet explorer where is says: 'website name took to long to respond'. This has been happening on a few websites and also with certain apps such as steam and epic games. I have a wireless connection to m my internet...
  6. Anyone else get the "This is taking too long to load" box on the Search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else get the "This is taking too long to load" box on the Search menu?: I hope it's not malware. This happened right when I tried to search something when I first turned on my PC today. I only found two other posts about this on other websites. submitted by /u/Flakori [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”: When searching using the search functionality embedded in the start menu of Windows 10 when clicking the Windows icon in the left bottom, a screen is displayed saying "This is taking too long to load". On the bottom right, a string looking like a version number is displayed...
  8. Download folder takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder takes too long to load: Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some...
  9. Windows taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking too long to load: I am a bit perplexed and confused whether this issue is a software issue or a hardware issue! *Confused From power on to working desktop it takes about 15 to 20 minutes! I updated from Windows 7 HP 64bit to Windows 10 Home Free when it was available and then to Windows 10...
  10. MP4 Video loading too long

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MP4 Video loading too long: open mp4 file with any video player taking time to load before start playing the video, same also with youtube even I use high speed internet. do this due to windows 10 or other thing (video file save in the hardisk. 52154