Windows 10: Search: Matching items in network locations in Libraries not found

Discus and support Search: Matching items in network locations in Libraries not found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Searching Windows key + S for known file and folder names and known phrases in documents doesn't return matching items in network locations in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brian_776, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Brian_776 Win User

Search: Matching items in network locations in Libraries not found

Searching Windows key + S for known file and folder names and known phrases in documents doesn't return matching items in network locations in my Libraries.

I ran the Search and Indexing troubleshooter with admin rights. It found "incorrect permissions on windows search directories" but reported the issue was "not fixed".

:)

Brian_776, Jun 1, 2020

2. No items match your search.

I am using Windows 7. I go to the Libraries > Select Documents > Do a search for a document in the folder and I get a message, "No items match your search.

Patty07_405, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Adding network locations to Windows Libraries

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to import the libraries to network location from an old machine to a new machine.

Ideally, Libraries contain files that are stored in one or more storage locations. They do not actually store these files but only monitor the folders that contain the files, and let users access and arrange the files in different ways. You can create
    new libraries on a system by following the methods below.

1. Press Windows key + E to open
      File Explorer
      and click on Libraries.
    2. Click on the Home tab, click on
      New item
      in the ribbon, and click on Library.
    3. Name the new library and include/add folders to the new library.

If you want to copy the libraries from one PC to another one, the best way to do that is copying and pasting them. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key + R to open
      Run
      command.
    2. Now type the command: %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries
    3. Copy the libraries, save it in a removable drive, and then paste it on another PC.

However, since you are working on a client PC, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 1, 2020
  4. rlafever Win User

"No items match your search" on a particular external drive but not consistently

I get "No items match your search" when I search on a particular external drive, but it's not consistent. If I restart the computer, it usually will go ahead and work. I've tried a number of suggestion solutions and none seem to be working.

rlafever, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Search: Matching items in network locations in Libraries not found - Similar Threads - Search Matching items

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Why do "No items match your search"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do "No items match your search"?: I know FOR A FACT that the value in the search bar occurs in a file in this folder. Yet, the windows search feature can't seem to find that file. Yes, I am searching in file contents. Why does windows' search feature suck so much now?...
  4. Why do "No items match your search"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do "No items match your search"?: I know FOR A FACT that the value in the search bar occurs in a file in this folder. Yet, the windows search feature can't seem to find that file. Yes, I am searching in file contents. Why does windows' search feature suck so much now?...
  5. Why do "No items match your search"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do "No items match your search"?: I know FOR A FACT that the values in the search bar occurs in a file in this folder. Yet, the windows search feature can't seem to find that file. Yes, I am searching in file contents. Why does windows' search feature suck so much now?...
  6. No item match your search - tried everything

No item match your search - tried everything: Hi,As described in the subject the search bar in windows doesn’t work. It doesn’t find anything even though I search for *.* If I try the same research on the drive c: some file get found, in about 2 seconds and they are really few. I tried to rebuild the index several times....
  7. Search not showing matches in locations in my Libraries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search not showing matches in locations in my Libraries: When I search from the Start Menu, results from locations in my Libraries don't show up. I currently have UNC locations in my Libraries, but I also had/have the same issue when I had mapped drive locations in my Libraries. Search last worked a few weeks ago when I had the...
  8. "No items match your search" on a particular external drive but not consistently

in Cortana
    "No items match your search" on a particular external drive but not consistently: I get "No items match your search" when I search on a particular external drive, but it's not consistent. If I restart the computer, it usually will go ahead and work. I've tried a number of suggestion solutions and none seem to be working....
  9. Item not found, item no longer located in desktop

Item not found, item no longer located in desktop: Hi I was working on a Sibelius file last night and saved it to the desktop. This morning when I tried opening it, I kept getting met with the error "Item not found, item no longer located in C:users\***\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." If I look in...
  10. Adding network locations to Windows Libraries

Adding network locations to Windows Libraries: I have a client who wants me to set this up but I cannot find a way to make it work; He's replaced the machine where the data is stored, and has a new user profile; I mention that because he DID have libraries setup on the old user profile to the old machine that included...