Windows 10: Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone

Discus and support Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Since the 2nd of December I'm experiencing problems with the Windows search bar: - When I click on the Search bar, it loads for a while... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Aurora0, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Aurora0 Win User

Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone

Hi everyone, Since the 2nd of December I'm experiencing problems with the Windows search bar: - When I click on the Search bar, it loads for a while after crashing- When I move the cursor on the little 'event of the day' icon, the screen turns grey with the loading symbol in the middle I can only get away from the grey screen by opening the Task Manager. - SearchUI.exe is gone from the Task Manager>Details.The Cortana button seems to work properly, and I can use the Start Menu.I have done endless online searches and tried every solution, but nothing works. That's how I realised that the S

:)

Aurora0, Dec 4, 2022

2. windows search menu doesnt work properly

Go it. Please make a new post instead of editing your original one as I don't get notifications on the changes you made.

See fixes for Searchui.exe suspending or not working:

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-searchui-exe-sus... (avoid ad links)

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/searchui-exe-goe...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452014...

SearchApp.Exe Suspended on Windows: Quick Fixes (avoid ad links)

http://www.windowswally.com/how-to-fix-cortana-...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. If you will wait to choose if I resolved your problem, I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 4, 2022
  4. gabgab Win User

Search results menu colours have gone dark

interesting to try the opposite, but i don't have either of these keys you suggested, shall i create them to revert to white?

Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone [​IMG]

gabgab, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone - Similar Threads - Search Menu crashes

2. Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone: Hi everyone, Since the 2nd of December I'm experiencing problems with the Windows search bar: - When I click on the Search bar, it loads for a while after crashing- When I move the cursor on the little 'event of the day' icon, the screen turns grey with the loading symbol in...
  3. Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Menu crashes, searchUI.exe gone: Hi everyone, Since the 2nd of December I'm experiencing problems with the Windows search bar: - When I click on the Search bar, it loads for a while after crashing- When I move the cursor on the little 'event of the day' icon, the screen turns grey with the loading symbol in...
  4. Start menu web search preview gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu web search preview gone: Hey, everybody! A couple days ago I was able to preview a web search from the start menu. If I typed "translate" I could have also typed in the google translte something and translate it from there. Or make certain operations like 777/12 and the answer would've popped in the...
  5. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  6. RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...: My relatively new Windows 10 machine was intended as a music and video production-only workstation, so I previously disabled all network functionality to ensure no Update meddling or Rootkit shenanigans. However, my old Windows 7 computer, serving as Internet workstation,...
  7. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  8. Exe files gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe files gone missing: so my pc ran into a problem , i had to fix it with system restore . at first everything seems normal and i saw my desktop without any icons in it except the preinstalled apps , then i checked my files installed ... ALL the files is fine EXCEPT ALL OF MY EXE FILES ARE GONE...
  9. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  10. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...