Windows 10: Search menu extremely slow/not working

Discus and support Search menu extremely slow/not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've removed this incredibly annoying but seemingly non-threatening virus from my laptop, but now when I search for files or applications from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by themaster402, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Search menu extremely slow/not working

I've removed this incredibly annoying but seemingly non-threatening virus from my laptop, but now when I search for files or applications from the Search menu (Start + S) it shows the loading dots but doesn't show anything. Before the virus, it would almost instantly find files. This is annoying, since I deleted most shortcuts and whatnot on my desktop and relocated the more important ones to my RocketDock.

:)

themaster402, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update KB4033637

I hate updates. After this one neither my wifi or start menu works. My start menu shows up but I can't interact with it. No search bar. Extremely slow. After uninstalling these problems went away. Really; if an update breaks the START MENU please don't
    publish it.

ŦɧɭưɱɏɳŦɧɭưɱɏɳ, Aug 2, 2015
  3. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Search menu extremely slow/not working

1. Search menu extremely slow/not working - Similar Threads - Search menu extremely

2. Taskbar search is extremely slow on one account but works fine on another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar search is extremely slow on one account but works fine on another.: So, I have Windows 11 installed on my PC and I gave two accounts. When I try to search for something using the taskbar search input it freezes for about 30 second before I can even type something in. And after that there is still some lags between typing another letters. It's...
  3. Taskbar search is extremely slow on one account but works fine on another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar search is extremely slow on one account but works fine on another.: So, I have Windows 11 installed on my PC and I gave two accounts. When I try to search for something using the taskbar search input it freezes for about 30 second before I can even type something in. And after that there is still some lags between typing another letters. It's...
  4. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  5. Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working

Start Menu Very Slow to Appear and Quick Search Not Working: When I click on the Windows 10 Start Menu icon, there is a 3-4 second delay before the start menu actually pops up. Also, typing once I'm in the start menu doesn't activate Quick Search like it's supposed to, Quick Search just doesn't show up at all. This problem began last...
  6. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  7. Windows search is extremely slow

Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  8. Search not working, windows menu slow to come up.

in Cortana
    Search not working, windows menu slow to come up.: I've been having this issue for a few months, tried fixing it a few times. I've re-indexed and restarted the windows search. I've restarted file explorer. I went through with the troubleshooter and it brought up the issue of the non-working search bar. I hit repair and have...
  9. Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search: Hi I'm having problems with an extremely slow boot 5 minutes or so and with outlook search with a Toshiba Kira. I also have a Surface Pro 3 and the issue with outlook is the same. So lets bring some details: My Toshiba is an i7 with 8 Gb ram and 256 Gb SSD, running windows...
  10. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...