Windows 10: search menu is acting wierd

Discus and support search menu is acting wierd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I search for apps they don't show up even though they are installed. When I search for ms-resource tho the calculator and other apps show up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaximilianGaedig, Jan 2, 2021.

1. search menu is acting wierd

When I search for apps they don't show up even though they are installed

When I search for ms-resource tho the calculator and other apps show up.

How do I fix this so it follows normal behavior finding apps normally?

Also, power tools run is finding the apps normally.

Sorry for the bad formatting with the pictures bc its really weird on this forum search menu is acting wierd e58e61b3-5425-4a72-9f43-ec1b8928ba8f?upload=true.png

search menu is acting wierd 64651bef-1831-4b70-8cc0-367f3039e3cc?upload=true.png

search menu is acting wierd d00b300f-c4ec-4c1a-acd5-f748134db16f?upload=true.png

:)

MaximilianGaedig, Jan 2, 2021

2. Windows hello acting wierd

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the Camera working properly in other Apps (Camera/Skype)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

search menu is acting wierd

Windows acting wierd

Hi,

Maybe some of your system files became corrupted due to some instances, causing multiple issues in your PC. To address your issue, we recommend doing these initial possible troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: SFC /scannow
    • This may take several minutes to finish. If Command Prompt shows Verification 100% complete, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Method 2: Run DISM

The DISM may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: DISM.EXE /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    If the operation is completed successfully, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

search menu is acting wierd

1. search menu is acting wierd - Similar Threads - search menu acting

2. PC Acting Wierd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Acting Wierd: Periodically, my windows 10 PC acts strangely. I am using the internet primarily Firefox and then nothing works right. If I try to click on a tab, it will select multiple tabs with the borders being highlighted in blue. If I minimize Firefox or close it, and try to restart it...
  3. PC Acting Wierd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Acting Wierd: Periodically, my windows 10 PC acts strangely. I am using the internet primarily Firefox and then nothing works right. If I try to click on a tab, it will select multiple tabs with the borders being highlighted in blue. If I minimize Firefox or close it, and try to restart it...
  4. PC Acting Wierd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows acting wierd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows acting wierd: Hello i have a problem with windows. System start acting wierd after i switch from intelcore duo quad q9560 to amdryzen 5 1600. It completly freeze sometimes and i cant search in windows start or open apps or even turn off the system. But i can operate with programs or games...
  6. Windows acting wierd

Windows acting wierd: Hello i have a problem with windows. System start acting wierd after i switch from intelcore duo quad q9560 to amdryzen 5 1600. It completly freeze sometimes and i cant search in windows start or open apps or even turn off the system. But i can operate with programs or games...
  7. Windows acting wierd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Pendrive acting wierd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pendrive acting wierd: Actually I had got a windows usb recovery drive from dell of windows 10 and to when I tried to format it from AOEMl the drive got disappeared but it is showing up in device manager but not in file explorer nor in bios so please help me out...
  9. Pendrive acting wierd

Pendrive acting wierd: Actually I had got a windows usb recovery drive from dell of windows 10 and to when I tried to format it from AOEMl the drive got disappeared but it is showing up in device manager but not in file explorer nor in bios so please help me out...
  10. Windows is acting wierd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is acting wierd: So i just start up my pc and i notice when i put the cursor on the taskbar it shows the loading cursor,i tried open the task manager and nothing showed,i tried right clicking for refresh and nothing happened,when i wanna click on apps on desktop once it usually shows like...