Windows 10: Search menu isn't working

Discus and support Search menu isn't working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I need some help with my system. The search menu isn't working. That's how it looks like. Can somebody lend some help? Here is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IbrokhimBakhtiyorov, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Search menu isn't working

Hi

I need some help with my system. The search menu isn't working. That's how it looks like. Can somebody lend some help? Here is a screenshot. Search menu isn't working b7ee484d-c1dd-47e9-b237-48e145c2659f?upload=true.png

:)

IbrokhimBakhtiyorov, Feb 5, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Search menu isn't working

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Search menu isn't working

1. Search menu isn't working - Similar Threads - Search menu isn't

2. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu isn't working: Hello there, after some events my start menu is not working anymore, here is the full story of what happened:I loaded from usb stick to another copy of windows, tried to access my user folder on main drive i needed to copy a file but i failed to do so. After that i loaded...
  3. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu isn't working: My Start menu isn't working. Critical Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/153fe558-efe9-4b58-b45d-8b81702ca510
  4. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu isn't working: My Start menu isn't working. Critical Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/153fe558-efe9-4b58-b45d-8b81702ca510
  5. Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working: Hello There.I am unable to search for documents and other files directly from the start menu. Previously it used to work. Now it isn't.I have tried re-building search index and checked to see if Windows search in services is running. Everything seems to be running. I tried...
  6. Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching files and docs from Start Menu isn't working: Hello There.I am unable to search for documents and other files directly from the start menu. Previously it used to work. Now it isn't.I have tried re-building search index and checked to see if Windows search in services is running. Everything seems to be running. I tried...
  7. Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in file explorer and in start menu isn't working: I noticed that the search bar in the start menu and in the file explorer isn't working 2 weeks from using the clipboard feature Windows+V on two of my devices which makes my life so hard, I can paste text in it but can't type in it I did the power shell solution it worked for...
  8. wifi menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi menu isn't working: my computer is acting strange lately I can't connect to new wifi networks because when open the wifi menu it starts loading and it never shows the networks. also, it doesn't let me use the start tab the search bar, and the control center in the notification center. other...
  9. Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu isn't working: My start menu isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-isnt-working/5548c8fb-b35b-4c1d-9065-e711c0db8373
  10. Search isn't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search isn't working: I'm talking about pressing <Windows> and typing in a shortcut name that lives in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Simply put, it doesn't find the shortcut. And I don't feel like rebuilding the entire index, since I doubt it will solve...