Windows 10: Search menu issue on startup

Discus and support Search menu issue on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After booting up, Search (with Win+S) opens up like this next screenshot: after startup and only after first opening the Start Menu (only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iank1434, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Search menu issue on startup

Search menu issue on startup Ny6EljBnRdSk64H75QIoy8jVmosnfksi-MYsU8T3gZc.jpg

After booting up, Search (with Win+S) opens up like this next screenshot:

after startup

and only after first opening the Start Menu (only tried Win key; don't know about using the icon in the bottom left) does it show up "normally":

after initial start menu launch

The issue has persisted across regular Windows, Insider Preview, and a clean reinstall of the OS.

submitted by /u/iank1434
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iank1434, Feb 15, 2020

2. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Search menu issue on startup

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Search menu issue on startup

1. Search menu issue on startup - Similar Threads - Search menu issue

2. Start Menu and Search Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Search Issues: Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to break.Start Menu: whenever I click the start menu, it will stay up, if I click anything else and I mean anything on the start...
  3. Start Menu and Search Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Search Issues: Hi all,I'm currently on Windows 11 Home 22H2 edition and, following the latest update it feels like everything revolving around the OS has begun to break.Start Menu: whenever I click the start menu, it will stay up, if I click anything else and I mean anything on the start...
  4. Weird font issue in the Search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird font issue in the Search menu: This isn't a massive issue or anything, but it's been nagging me and I'm finally trying to solve it.I'm on a fairly fresh install of Windows 10, about a week old. So there hasn't been too much time to break anything yet. However, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar,...
  5. Weird font issue in the Search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird font issue in the Search menu: This isn't a massive issue or anything, but it's been nagging me and I'm finally trying to solve it.I'm on a fairly fresh install of Windows 10, about a week old. So there hasn't been too much time to break anything yet. However, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar,...
  6. Weird font issue in the Search menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update KB5003173 I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second...
  8. Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer / Startup Menu Search / Taskbar Unresponsive: Ever since the latest update I can't seem to make half of my Windows' features work remotely properly.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a second before...
  9. Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Windows start menu SEARCH: [ATTACH] Previously, when I would search using the Windows start menu search I would get the result highlighted for me and I could just press enter. Press WIN key > type app name > press enter Now, if I follow the same process above, it doesn't highlight, it shows all...
  10. start menu and search issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu and search issue: [ATTACH] Hi, i have update to 2004 version and now the search panel opens at the same time that the start menu ! wtf ! how to get rid of it even if it's permanently, i don't use the search panel......