Windows 10: Search menu opening every time I click the windows key

Discus and support Search menu opening every time I click the windows key in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey all. I've recently encountered a problem every time I press the windows key. I'm having trouble figuring out how to stop this from happening, as I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OtisJones_, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Search menu opening every time I click the windows key

Hey all. I've recently encountered a problem every time I press the windows key. I'm having trouble figuring out how to stop this from happening, as I can't access the regular windows key menu. Help would be much appreciated! -Otis

:)

OtisJones_, Sep 13, 2021

2. Start menu,Wifi key, Search key not working

Hello Nikhil,

The issues with accessing the Start menu/ Windows key might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files after installing the latest update on your computer.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested from the Microsoft helps article like: Check for updates, Restart the computer, run the troubleshooter, create test user account and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Start menu, Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Search menu opening every time I click the windows key

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Search menu opening every time I click the windows key

1. Search menu opening every time I click the windows key - Similar Threads - Search menu opening

2. every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes: I've already tried all the different troubleshooting things, ive tried to use the troubleshooting feature on windows under the search menu and it said it couldnt identify any issues. I've tried to paste the command and enter it and it did nothing, I have tried everything and...
  3. every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every time i click on the search bar, it instantly closes: I've already tried all the different troubleshooting things, ive tried to use the troubleshooting feature on windows under the search menu and it said it couldnt identify any issues. I've tried to paste the command and enter it and it did nothing, I have tried everything and...
  4. Search menu pops up every time I click Start, can't see tiles etc!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu pops up every time I click Start, can't see tiles etc!: I'm not sure what to do because I haven't been able to find any answers or Solutions on this online. Anytime I go to click the Windows button not the search button, the Search menu STILL pops up. It prevents me from being able to see all of my tiles on my start screen or...
  5. I can‘t open the windows menu/Search menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can‘t open the windows menu/Search menu: I tried „sfc /scannow“. It didn‘t work. (Yes, I restarted my pc.) Can somebody help me? (Asking for a friend, I couldn‘t solve the problem) submitted by /u/theXe420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxtmuc/i_cant_open_the_windows_menusearch_menu/
  6. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...
  7. Search menu opens and covers everything when I click on Start menu.

in Cortana
    Search menu opens and covers everything when I click on Start menu.: Since last version of Windows 10 2004 the search menu pops up each time I click on start. I can not see any icon, application, shutting down the computer, etc. Everything is hidden behind the search menu. I have uninstalled GPU drivers, it's the same with another graphic...
  8. Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I open the start menu by clicking the bottom left Windows icon this is what...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AngryRaccoon44 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gce61q/every_time_i_open_the_start_menu_by_clicking_the/
  9. Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something: My context menus keep popping up whenever I click on a link. To get rid of it I have to press the ESC button. Any ideas how to stop this from happening? I don't use a mouse--I use the number pad instead....
  10. Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder: Hello Tenforums! First I'd like you to thank you for all the times you've helped a frusterated little guy with his PC-problems - even thought I never registrered, I've been here quite some times. The problem Anyways, on to the problem. As the title states; every time I...