Windows 10: Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10

Discus and support Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I am using Asus Vivobook S510U [Intel i5-8250U, 8GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia MX150 2GB GDDR5 GPU, Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit]. Initially, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeffrin J, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Jeffrin J Win User

Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10

Hello

I am using Asus Vivobook S510U [Intel i5-8250U, 8GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia MX150 2GB GDDR5 GPU, Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit]. Initially, I didn't have any problem. But then I started to face some issues. The Search Bar doesn't work, Edge browser doesn't open web pages and crashes all the time, The Internet Access icon on the system tray always shows 'Exclamation Symbol' stating "No Internet Access" even though the internet is connected without any issue. Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel etc. crashes every time. Any software that involves progress bar will have error. For example, if I download something in Google Chrome, Firefox or any browser, even after 100% download, it will continue to show downloading. If I use Piriform CCleaner to clear my cookies and other stuffs, before reaching 100%, the app freezes. So I thought of resetting the PC. And did reset the PC.

For two weeks the PC was working fine without any of the above issues. But now again all these same problems are back!

The only hint I found: Every time I shut down my system, it says "BroadcastListenerWindow blocks shutdown"

Please do provide a solution to fix this problem. Thanks.

:)

Jeffrin J, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Kaapstad Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

That will be a first

Microsoft getting any version of office to run properly on Windows 10.*Big Grin Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10 :D

Kaapstad, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

I'm fairly sure I could get office 97 and up to run on 10... I can check on wednesday when I get my NAS back up if you insist...

ZeDestructor, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10

1. Search, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office not working properly - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Search Microsoft Edge

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. Microsoft Edge-Microsoft Office-Firefox not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge-Microsoft Office-Firefox not working after Windows 11 update: Dear all, Ever since I have switched to Windows 11 I am struggling with all sorts of bugs. I am currently using an Acer Laptop A515-52G-75D1, Intel Core i7-8565U, with 8GB of Ram and dedicated GPU Nvidia GeForce MX130. The last bug which I have encountered, and which is...
  5. Microsoft Edge-Microsoft Office-Firefox not working after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge-Microsoft Office-Firefox not working after Windows 11 update: Dear all, Ever since I have switched to Windows 11 I am struggling with all sorts of bugs. I am currently using an Acer Laptop A515-52G-75D1, Intel Core i7-8565U, with 8GB of Ram and dedicated GPU Nvidia GeForce MX130. The last bug which I have encountered, and which is...
  6. windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working: how to fix windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working * Moved from Research/Eyes First https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-microsoft-store-microsoft-edge-and/04442773-5dce-4f99-8a08-b9883bcfa528
  7. Microsoft Edge search history?

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search history?: Hi. I can't see my search history under the search bar since the Windows update. Do you know if I can reactivate it somehow or is it because of the update. Microsoft Edge Suchverlauf?
  8. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge: [IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . this is the problem. don't know what it is or how to resolve the problem. this happens in search and also on microsoft edge....
  9. Microsoft is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft is not working properly: I have spent 3 days on trying to get Microsoft set up and the email set up won't go away and the new one I set up will accept passwords set for the account but the next time I go to put the passwords in won't accept them so I keep having to change them now I am out of...
  10. microsoft edge and search box not working

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft edge and search box not working: All was working a couple of days ago, now today I can not access edge. double click nothing, went to task bar and cannot enter anything into the "Search the web and windows" then went to windows icon and do not see/get the apps What has happened? Tried to get to updates...