Windows 10: "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box

Discus and support "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am a former Windows 7 Ultimate user who upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am having some major problems with the Search feature which renders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by redblade7, Aug 5, 2015.

1. redblade7 Win User

"Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box

Hi,

I am a former Windows 7 Ultimate user who upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I am having some major problems with the Search feature which renders Windows mostly unusable.

The problem consists of the following, in order:

1. Windows Search rebuilds the index with "We're getting search ready...", with only indexed start menu and desktop items in the list.
    2. The "Search my stuff" feature is inaccessible. Pressing Enter or clicking it does absolutely nothing.
    3. After a while, the popup portion is replaced by a blank white box of the same size with a vertical scrollbar. In this phase, even typing a file/folder name by path and pressing Enter does not work.
    4. I have to restart my machine and the process starts over. (Sometimes killing "SearchUI.exe" from Sysinternals Process Explorer, which automatically restarts "SearchUI.exe", does the job instead)

Anyone know what's going on, and how to fix it?

Thank you!

:)

redblade7, Aug 5, 2015
  2. KLBogue Win User

How to access or enable Search box in Windows 10 computer?

Cortana exists as an icon. Whether it's an icon or a search box (and I've set it both ways just to honor your question), the "My Stuff" and "Web" buttons no longer appear when I type a file name in the search box.

KLBogue, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Windows Search Bar becomes unclickable, cannot change default applications

Main specs: surface laptop 64 bit windows 10 pro

After KB4090913 patch (part of the windows 10 1709), 1. my windows search bar becomes not clickable, the color turned grey, and clicking on it does not respond in any way. 2. I cannot change my default programs setting, clicking on anything does not change
    anything, also, a “reset default app” notification pops up at every boot-up.

Also I cannot revert the update, tried it once and the act of uninstalling the update itself failed.

chenzhong1, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

"Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box

1. "Search my stuff" unclickable, search window becomes blank white box - Similar Threads - Search stuff unclickable

2. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu): Strange white Blank Search result (start menu) Hi all, when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result. i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them -...
  3. Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Black Theme is one of the favorite themes of Windows 10 users, and if you see anything which is white it gets annoying. Take a case of Taskbar which is usually dark, but when you look at Cortana search [...] This post Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows...
  4. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...
  5. Startbar searches unclickable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Startbar searches unclickable.: Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated. I have tried disabling"active" Cortana (and the service) and any combo of that and...
  6. No search box

in Windows 10 Support
    No search box: Have just clean installed 10 twice now but cannot get the Start button to show me the search box - anu ideas please as I do not want to install yet again because the updates took absolutely ages and my only alternative is to run 10 in Classic Shell as per my other laptop...
  7. Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.: When I first updated to Windows 10 there was an option to click on "my stuff" when using the search window. This has now disappeared and I really would like it back. Can anyone help please? Thanks 60756
  8. "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.

in Windows 10 Support
    "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.: Code: Windows 10 Anniversary[/quote] When i search, my PC looks like this: [img] It used to look like this: [img] I used to be able to turn Cortana off and then back on, and "My Stuff" would return, but that's not working anymore I have no idea why...
  9. Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10: This does not work with Version 1709 goes back to white. 67109
  10. Cortana Search is white and blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Search is white and blank: Hello all, New Asus computer, windows 10 - 64 bit. When I type something in the Cortana search, the pop-up comes up blank and white. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for your help. 78852