Windows 10: Search not finding all files

Discus and support Search not finding all files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hostelcat, Oct 26, 2016.

1. hostelcat Win User

Search not finding all files

Hi everyone,

We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD to the SSD to decrease startup time. Please note that since cloning I have not formated or deleted any data on the HDD and the PC's have both the SSD and the HDD but the windows is loading from the SSD. Since then I have noticed that the search function does not find anything on the SSD (C: Drive), but if I move the file to the HDD (D: Drive) it finds it perfectly fine. I have done everything suggested by Windows 10 Search Not Working Fix including rebuilding the indexing but it is still not finding the files. I can even go into a folder on the SSD and search for a file in that folder using the local search and it still comes up empty. One thing I noticed is that when choosing the indexing files, even when I select the C: Drive, it does not show up on this list of included locations. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Search not finding all files [​IMG]

:)

hostelcat, Oct 26, 2016
  2. Ernie San Win User

We suggest to run System File Checker tool and DISM to repair corrupted system files, we recommend to follow ZigZag post

here

Let us know what happened.

Ernie San, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Tehanzorz Win User

Hi everyone, We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD to the SSD to decrease startup time. Please note that since cloning I have not formatted or deleted any data
    on the HDD and the PC's have both the SSD and the HDD but the windows is loading from the SSD. Since then I have noticed that the search function does not find anything on the SSD (C: Drive), but if I move the file to the HDD (D: Drive) it finds it perfectly
    fine. I have done everything suggested by Windows 10 Search Not Working Fix including rebuilding the indexing but it is still not finding the files. I can even go into a folder on the SSD and search for a file in that folder using the local search and it still
    comes up empty. One thing I noticed is that when choosing the indexing files, even when I select the C: Drive, it does not show up on this list of included locations. Also when I do a search on all of the C: Drive, it searches the D: Drive instead. Does anyone
    have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Tehanzorz, Oct 26, 2016
  4. hostelcat Win User

I just noticed when I do a search on all of the C: Drive, it searches the D: Drive instead.

hostelcat, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Search not finding all files - Similar Threads - Search finding files

2. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  3. Can't Find Search Box and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Find Search Box and Files: Good morning/afternoon/evening, Ever since my mom gave me back this laptop, it has been acting very strangely. 1. My screen was upside down, but I fixed that. 2. My settings kept changing without my permission. I don't know if that's fixed. 3. Whenever I try to search...
  4. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...
  5. File explorer search not finding files that are obviously there

File explorer search not finding files that are obviously there: When in the file explorer normally I can find files easily by doing control-F then typing in a few letters or if looking for a specific type using type:.zip for example. On my new Windows 10 machine (purchased just a few weeks ago) this doesn't work. See the video below for...
  6. How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder

How to find specific phrase in search of all files in Documents folder: This used to work. By "used to," I mean it worked a couple of weeks ago. Now, when I'm in Windows and I click on the Documents folder and type something in the search box, using quotes, I no longer get a list of the documents containing the search terms but instead get a list...
  7. Finding all files on PC

Finding all files on PC: I am trying to access all my files that are on my computer running windows 10 but I cannot access them. How do you get to see every file that is on your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-all-files-on-pc/31a651fc-9cdb-4bc4-a330-0ed8ef1f273a"
  8. My search cant find files

in Cortana
    My search cant find files: i have done everything possible to do. been on so many sites trying to fix it. for some reason when i search i cannot find any files or apps using the start search or in documents search. i have checked my service is running. i have i did few cmd commands. i have tried...
  9. Search cannot find files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search cannot find files: I have hundreds of videos but when I try to search for them by using IN this PC the Kind:=video command the search come up empty. It simply cannot find anything I ask it to search for. I do not want to use third party search applications. I just want it to work. Does anyone...
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...