Windows 10: Search not showing any results

Discus and support Search not showing any results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gabriel25569, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Search not showing any results

Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching...

:)

Gabriel25569, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 desktop search not showing any results from Outlook data.

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to figure out why Windows Search on my PC will not return any results from my Outlook data. Here are some key points about my situation.

> Windows 10

> Office 2016

> Outlook set up to connect to an Exchange account with cached mode using a local .ost file.

> Windows Indexing options have been confirmed to include Outlook as an indexed location and .msg file type is indexed with properties and contents.

> I have rebuilt the index twice.

> I am not having any issues with the search function within the Outlook app. That seems to work fine.

What I am trying to do is use the Windows search box, which is now tied to Cortana, to quickly find Outlook items. This was a very useful feature in Windows 7 because I could see all data associated with my search term (Outlook items, files, folders, documents,
    etc.). I think the search service is indexing Outlook data but I can't be sure. I don't know if the Outlook app itself uses the Windows indexer.

Windows search is returning other data such as documents related to my search term, just not Outlook items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisStuder, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 desktop search not showing any results from Outlook data.

Hi Chris,

Are you connected to a domain network?

If yes, I recommend you to post your query in TechNet forums. Your query would be best suited over there, as the support team over there can assist you better. I kindly request you to post your query in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Search not showing any results

1. Search not showing any results - Similar Threads - Search showing results

2. search bar showing bigger result window

in Cortana
    search bar showing bigger result window: [IMG] Usually the results for a search would appear in a smaller less detailed window, would it be possible to go back to this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-showing-bigger-result-window/9c7d83c6-b5d2-4bf9-b5e1-e0009511b9d1"
  3. Windows 10 search bar not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search bar not showing results: It is probably something easy and I am just being dumb but I couldn't find anything about this. Imgur: The magic of the Internet 123184
  4. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...
  5. Microsoft Edge showing Youtube search results weirdly

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge showing Youtube search results weirdly: The Edge browser is behaving oddly nowadays for me especially on youtube, I dont't know what's causing it. Whenever I search on youtube using edge it shows the search results on the right side with texts and other info partially cut-off. The attached screenshots should...
  6. Redundant search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant search results: Has anyone else noticed how some of the search results just lead to the settings app opening with the name of the search result in its search bar, but nothing in the results of the app? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, search up "Show me tips about windows", "turn...
  7. Search Box not showing results from other hard drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Box not showing results from other hard drives: For example, my documents on on my Data drive G:, and although it is indexed documents don't show up in search. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? 8346
  8. Search does not display any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not display any results: The title says everything. I rebuilt the index, moved it to another disk, rebuilt again without any result: no results in the search window. Cortana is off and web searching is off. Even if web searching is on, there are no search results in the window. This has never...
  9. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886