Windows 10: Search not showing any results

Discus and support Search not showing any results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gabriel25569, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Search not showing any results

Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching...

:)

Gabriel25569, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 desktop search not showing any results from Outlook data.

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to figure out why Windows Search on my PC will not return any results from my Outlook data. Here are some key points about my situation.

> Windows 10

> Office 2016

> Outlook set up to connect to an Exchange account with cached mode using a local .ost file.

> Windows Indexing options have been confirmed to include Outlook as an indexed location and .msg file type is indexed with properties and contents.

> I have rebuilt the index twice.

> I am not having any issues with the search function within the Outlook app. That seems to work fine.

What I am trying to do is use the Windows search box, which is now tied to Cortana, to quickly find Outlook items. This was a very useful feature in Windows 7 because I could see all data associated with my search term (Outlook items, files, folders, documents,
    etc.). I think the search service is indexing Outlook data but I can't be sure. I don't know if the Outlook app itself uses the Windows indexer.

Windows search is returning other data such as documents related to my search term, just not Outlook items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisStuder, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 desktop search not showing any results from Outlook data.

Hi Chris,

Are you connected to a domain network?

If yes, I recommend you to post your query in TechNet forums. Your query would be best suited over there, as the support team over there can assist you better. I kindly request you to post your query in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Search not showing any results

1. Search not showing any results - Similar Threads - Search showing results

2. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  3. windows explorer search won't show any results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search won't show any results: Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-wont-show-any-results/efa2a09c-efbd-48bb-a0d7-df4f30f000f4
  4. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  5. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  6. Show search results in English?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show search results in English?: I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and settings. The guides are in English but when I type English keywords in the search bar it does not show the results because...
  7. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  8. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  9. Search does not display any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not display any results: The title says everything. I rebuilt the index, moved it to another disk, rebuilt again without any result: no results in the search window. Cortana is off and web searching is off. Even if web searching is on, there are no search results in the window. This has never...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886