Windows 10: Search not showing results

Discus and support Search not showing results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rld, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RLD
    rld Win User

Search not showing results

Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,.

:)

2. windows maps not showing automatic search results

it is 10.01439.693

MeetThaker, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ValGreene Win User
    Bing Image Search not showing results

I noticed yesterday that this issue on my laptop had somehow been resolved. So, I came to my station and started disabling add-on extensions. I found that disabling "HTTPS Everywhere" restored my ability to see image results. Thank you for your time and effort
    spent on my question.

ValGreene, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Corelogik Win User

I'm having the same issue. No search results within folders even though I know the file is there.

Corelogik, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Why is this marked as solved without an answer?

fracking4oil, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Corelogik Win User
    I dunno. I didn't do it. *sarc
    At least I don't think I did.

Corelogik, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Corelogik Win User
    Update:

Rebuilding my Windows Search Index, while time consuming, seems to have fixed my problem.

Corelogik, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Search not showing results

if i may ask how did you do that I'm having the same issue with my search showing no results

darkschneider94, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Corelogik Win User
    Hover over the Star Button>R Click>Control Panel

Enter in the search box; "Search Index". Click the resulting link; "Change how Windows searches". In the window that pops up, 'Indexing Options' click on the "Advanced" button. On the next window that pops up 'Advanced Options', click on the "Rebuild" button.

Depending on the size of your drive and the amount of files/folders you have, the rebuilding may take sometime to finish. Mine took the better part of 18 hours.

P.S.
    In the 'Indexing Options' window you will also be able to adjust what is and isn't indexed.

Corelogik, Aug 4, 2015
  10. okay i got it thanks oh god i hope it doesnt take that long wow lol. oh well hopefully it fixes my search thanks

11. Corelogik Win User
    It will take some time. Search results start to come back almost as soon as the Rebuild starts. They will just be incomplete until it finishes. Considering the number of files just in Windows alone, not to mention your own user stuff, 18 hours is pretty good. Mine says it indexed 979,504 items. The good news is, once the Rebuild is done, every new file added to the machine gets added and the Index is mostly kept up to date.

Corelogik, Aug 4, 2015
  12. it actually didnt take to long for me surprisingly but it didn't work what ended up working for me was i opened up task manager and i usually crtl shift esc, but anyway i know cortana is the search process so i ended it and then used search and it restarted itself and now it is working. now if only i could figure out why devices and printers take a few minutes to load vs my 7

13. Search not showing results

I do ask this. since rebuilding the index do you have this issue when you goto search for like say control panel or run neither show for me anymore when i type them in search

14. Corelogik Win User
    No. I don't have that problem. See attached.

Search not showing results [​IMG]

Search not showing results [​IMG]

Corelogik, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search not showing results - Similar Threads - Search showing results

2. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  3. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  4. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  5. Show search results in English?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show search results in English?: I am using Windows 10 in my native language. Often I look online to see solutions to different problems that show step by step guides through menus and settings. The guides are in English but when I type English keywords in the search bar it does not show the results because...
  6. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  7. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  8. Windows Search Bar shows no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Search Bar shows no result: my windows search bar shows no result at all, it goes block and shows a white display. Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-shows-no-result/a9f73fd7-1a52-4ea1-a60a-783dc45b8f20
  9. Search not showing any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing any results: Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347
  10. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...