Search not showing results

Discus and support Search not showing results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rld, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RLD
    rld Win User

Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,.

:)

2. MeetThaker Win User

windows maps not showing automatic search results

it is 10.01439.693

MeetThaker, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ValGreene Win User
    Bing Image Search not showing results

I noticed yesterday that this issue on my laptop had somehow been resolved. So, I came to my station and started disabling add-on extensions. I found that disabling "HTTPS Everywhere" restored my ability to see image results. Thank you for your time and effort
    spent on my question.

ValGreene, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Corelogik Win User

I'm having the same issue. No search results within folders even though I know the file is there.

Corelogik, Aug 1, 2015
  5. fracking4oil Win User
    Why is this marked as solved without an answer?

fracking4oil, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Corelogik Win User
    I dunno. I didn't do it. *sarc
    At least I don't think I did.

Corelogik, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Corelogik Win User
    Update:

Rebuilding my Windows Search Index, while time consuming, seems to have fixed my problem.

Corelogik, Aug 4, 2015
  8. darkschneider94 Win User

if i may ask how did you do that I'm having the same issue with my search showing no results

darkschneider94, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Corelogik Win User
    Hover over the Star Button>R Click>Control Panel

Enter in the search box; "Search Index". Click the resulting link; "Change how Windows searches". In the window that pops up, 'Indexing Options' click on the "Advanced" button. On the next window that pops up 'Advanced Options', click on the "Rebuild" button.

Depending on the size of your drive and the amount of files/folders you have, the rebuilding may take sometime to finish. Mine took the better part of 18 hours.

P.S.
    In the 'Indexing Options' window you will also be able to adjust what is and isn't indexed.

Corelogik, Aug 4, 2015
  10. darkschneider94 Win User
    okay i got it thanks oh god i hope it doesnt take that long wow lol. oh well hopefully it fixes my search thanks

11. Corelogik Win User
    It will take some time. Search results start to come back almost as soon as the Rebuild starts. They will just be incomplete until it finishes. Considering the number of files just in Windows alone, not to mention your own user stuff, 18 hours is pretty good. Mine says it indexed 979,504 items. The good news is, once the Rebuild is done, every new file added to the machine gets added and the Index is mostly kept up to date.

Corelogik, Aug 4, 2015
  12. darkschneider94 Win User
    it actually didnt take to long for me surprisingly but it didn't work what ended up working for me was i opened up task manager and i usually crtl shift esc, but anyway i know cortana is the search process so i ended it and then used search and it restarted itself and now it is working. now if only i could figure out why devices and printers take a few minutes to load vs my 7

13. darkschneider94 Win User

I do ask this. since rebuilding the index do you have this issue when you goto search for like say control panel or run neither show for me anymore when i type them in search

14. Corelogik Win User
    No. I don't have that problem. See attached.

Search not showing results [​IMG]

Search not showing results [​IMG]

Corelogik, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search not showing results - Similar Threads - Search showing results

2. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  3. Windows 10 Shared Folder Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Shared Folder Not Showing: I worked around this with a hyperlink on another computer using Windows 10 that I have now deactivated, now have a new computer and am having the same issue. I have used troubleshooters and explored old posts and tried most even going into run - Function Discovery Resource...
  4. Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...: Last night, I returned to my desk after going out for a meal, woke my machine from sleep with the intention of continuing to work where I'd left off, only to find that Windows had forced a restart after installing an update. The consequence of this was that although Edge...
  5. Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows: The Redmond-based Microsoft has recently announced that it has changed its plan concerning the discontinuation of classic Skype in September. The support for classic Skype will continue for some time and it will be discontinued when the modern version of Skype is...
  6. Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab: Hi all, I recently noted that task manager shows two Wi-Fi connections. One is my Wi-Fi router and second is is showing Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2. Why it is showing like this? and for what purpose it is showing? any help would be better. [ATTACH]...
  7. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  8. Feature: Searching in Doc History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature: Searching in Doc History: Is there plans to allow searches in Document History for One Drive going to be made possible. If there is collaboration of a specific document where changes are constantly taking place and there is a need to find a particular change in a particular version, it would be nice...
  9. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...: My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10. I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game. I prolly didn't played it for more...
  10. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...