Windows 10: Search not working after the 2004 update

Discus and support Search not working after the 2004 update in Cortana to solve the problem; I installed the 2004 update from the settings app, and having done that, the search option has simply stopped working. I tried resetting it with the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HarshK1999, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Search not working after the 2004 update

I installed the 2004 update from the settings app, and having done that, the search option has simply stopped working. I tried resetting it with the PowerShell script, to no avail. The Windows troubleshooter and the sfc /scannow command cannot find any problems, but the search is still not working.

:)

HarshK1999, Jun 25, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Money 2004 not working with Win10

Money 2004 Stopped Working---(The day before the following happened.):

• Vegas Video, A DVD Program failed to start.
      It informed me that the .Net framework that to be turned on.

• I entered the Control Panel

• 'Clicked' on Turn Windows Features On/Off

• 'Clicked' and 'check' the box to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 (includes.net 2.0 and 3.0)

• This process took a long time to download and install.

• After turning the computer off and restarting Vegas Video and my HP scanning software worked great, but Money 2004 did not work.

• The following day 'new' updates were downloaded and installed.
      After that Money 2004 has worked great.

• Some of the updates could have addressed the change in the .NET Framework 3.5 and/or others could have address the problem I had with Money 2004.

• Money 2004, Vegas Video and my HP Software all work great.

rlw

RobertWarexyz, Jun 25, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Search not working after the 2004 update

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Search not working after the 2004 update

1. Search not working after the 2004 update - Similar Threads - Search working 2004

2. My search is not working after 2004 update

in Cortana
    My search is not working after 2004 update: My search is not working after 2004 update Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-is-not-working-after-2004-update/6d4d82ce-3c41-47d8-a39a-15e869f61504
  3. Windows Search is not working since 2004 update

in Cortana
    Windows Search is not working since 2004 update: Windows Search is not working since 2004 update. When I click the search button, nothing happens. Same with Win + Q. Task Manager doesn't show any SearchUI.exe running. And I have done sfc scam and DCIM scans.... No luck!...
  4. Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search bar not working after 2004 update: Today i just updated my win10 to ver 2004 with the new search bar but turns oit it was a disaster I tried to search a file and it result nothing just "The folder is empty" while is not, i try to manually search file and it's still there but the search bar can find it. I...
  5. Obs stopped working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Obs stopped working after 2004 update: Obs stopped working after 2004 update it was fine yesterday..kindly help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obs-stopped-working-after-2004-update/e88fa586-f9c3-4a3e-91d2-ba8e2181c6a6
  6. Search function in search bar and file explorer not working after feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function in search bar and file explorer not working after feature update 2004: Hi all As per title, I also am aware of the solutions in Reddit regarding this problem, but they don't work for me as well. I've tried creating registry to disable Bing, restarted my computer, ran sfc /scannow, rebuilding index, using troubleshooter (it couldn't identify the...
  7. Windows 10 Build 2004 Update Windows Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Update Windows Search Not Working: After updating to Build 2004, Windows Search and File Explorer Quick Access no longer work. The troubleshooter reports no problems. Any suggestions? I am on a 64 bit Lenovo desktop, with Windows operating on a SSD....
  8. Windows Search Stopped Working after Windows 10 Feature Update Version 2004.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Stopped Working after Windows 10 Feature Update Version 2004.: I have just updated to the latest feature update of Windows 10 version 2004. After completion I found that the Windows Search in Windows Explorer was not working. I cannot input anything in the search toolbar. Tried all methods of resetting Windows Search using Windows...
  9. start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update: i use my start menu to find and open all of my programs, i just typed the name and hit enter. much faster than finding it on the desktop or in the start menu side bar. i just updated my pc to 2004 today and now no programs come up in search when i start typing from the start...
  10. Windows search no longer works after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search no longer works after 2004 update: Hi. After updating Windows to 2004, Windows search no longer works. Every time I click on the search box on the desktop nothing happens. No cursor, no visual sign that I even clicked on it. I also noticed that Cortana has disappeared from the settings app. Don't know if its...