Windows 10: search not working in appdata

Discus and support search not working in appdata in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did try to bing this but all I saw was problems with the search in the task bar and my problem is with the file explorer I have files located at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeemerBiker, Jun 19, 2019.

1. search not working in appdata

I did try to bing this but all I saw was problems with the search in the task bar and my problem is with the file explorer

I have files located at appdata\roaming\…\history

There are a lot and I wanted to see those that had HPZ400 in the file name

File Manager said none where there. Using wildcard "*" didn't work either. That should have showed everything!

Search tools and options did not show anything useful like "[x] Uncheck this box if you want search to work here"

I assume I cannot search in appdata even if administrator.

My C# program that uses the open file dialog box has no problem with filters like "*.whatever" at this exact location, it's just the windows 10 file explorer or a problem between the chair and the keyboard that I cant seem to find.

:)

BeemerBiker, Jun 19, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 19, 2019
  3. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 19, 2019
  4. enso Win User

search not working in appdata

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

search not working in appdata

1. search not working in appdata - Similar Threads - search working appdata

2. AppData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData: AppData of the second user keep growing. It reached 45 GB. I delete it and rebuild. I went down to less than 800 MB. But now is growing again. It is almost 6 GB. After 3 hours. The first user has only 1,5 GB of space use....
  3. Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 AppData excluded from search index: Hi all. Zoom has installed itself in my AppData folder. When I try to search "zoom" in my start menu, nothing appears. I fiddled with search indexing but it seems AppData is excluded. I don't want to have a shortcut on my desktop, so how can I get Zoom to show up in search...
  4. Search not discovering apps after deleting files in %appdata%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search not discovering apps after deleting files in %appdata%: I was looking through my %appdata%, and deleted some files that were related to an app I uninstalled. I mustve accidentally deleted one thats important, beacuse the next thing I knew the wallpaper was gone. I restarted my computer hoping that whatever got deleted might get...
  5. Problem with AppData, nothing is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with AppData, nothing is working: ***moved on english forum*** When i try to open something that is link to AppData, I get these type of message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-appdata-nothing-is-working/ef69777f-3234-4309-9cab-436aadcf4ae1
  6. %appdata%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    %appdata%: I have been experiencing this kind of bug every time I open my laptop. It asks me how do i want to open this file. I chose notepad and this appears. [ATTACH] Additionally, when I run %appdata% in the command prompt, same thing happened. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Search is not working in AppData folder

Search is not working in AppData folder: I tried to exclude the AppData folder from exceptions but the search is not still working in it. Is this a hidden folder? c:\users\User name\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Internet Explorer\User Pinned Thank you....
  8. AppData

AppData: I was trying to recover something in Appdata folder so I needed to make the folder visible but after I tried to restore the folder's setting, I realized that some of my configuration files that were stored in the Appdata folder were lost, I mean not actually lost but some of...
  9. AppData

AppData: I was trying to recover something in Appdata folder so i needed to make the folder visisble but after i tried to restore the folder's setting, I realized my configuration files got lost. I'm assuming thats because I hided the whole folder but I don't remember which files...
  10. AppData

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppData: Hi I am using Windows 10 and recently I have reset my laptop. Now while starting the laptop, this dialogue box seems as "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\dell\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\dcjbcsvj\tghvatvu.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."...