Windows 10: Search not working in shared folders in word.

Discus and support Search not working in shared folders in word. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello fellow techs, When we open Word and want to open a file, we cant search for the file in the explorer pop-up. The issue is only on shared drives.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Yelx, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Yelx Win User

Search not working in shared folders in word.

Hello fellow techs,

When we open Word and want to open a file, we cant search for the file in the explorer pop-up.
    The issue is only on shared drives.

There are no results showing and it only shows the result of the map ur currently in.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Greetings,
    Jordy

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Sharing folder in local machine with everyone, but it still doesn't works correctly

Hi Moozy,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to Shared Folders troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Shared Folders.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Search not working in shared folders in word. - Similar Threads - Search working shared

2. Network User Folder Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network User Folder Sharing Not Working: I have four computers, two brand new, with brand new installations of Windows 10 Pro. I have all file sharing features that I can find turned on properly. Private network elected on all computers. Network detection on. Sharing of folders on. I confirmed sharing by...
  3. Searching folders

Searching folders: When I search a folder for a word or number, I get one or more files. When I search for exactly the same word or number in the file, I sometimes get a NOT FOUND result. How is that? Am I doping something wrong?...
  4. Folder sharing

Folder sharing: Hello. I have the following problem. I use a computer running Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit as a server (on the office network), and I cannot access the network shared drive with a computer running Windows 10 Home edition version 1803 64 bit, the message Win 10 gives me...
  5. Sharing a folder

Sharing a folder: This is rather simple or it should be. I have a new laptop. It has one user , me , which logs on with a microsoft account and pass. I share a folder on the laptop, with full access for this user (me with my microsoft account login) and want to access it from another pc. I...
  6. Outlook - sharing a search folder (but ideally nothing else)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - sharing a search folder (but ideally nothing else): I run an info@ email address. I've just taken on a part-timer who's got her own name@ email address. Certain emails come in via info@ that I categorise under her name. I've then got a search folder that picks up everything in that category. Is there a way I can share...
  7. Folder sharing

Folder sharing: Trying to set up a network for the first time. My intention was to share public folders but when I right click on my user folders (e.g. PC\Users\Dave\Documents they are shown as "Shared" and clicking on "Stop sharing" doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?...
  8. Shared Folders

Shared Folders: Do any of you know how to rename a shared folder? 97001
  9. Trouble searching within a shared folder

Trouble searching within a shared folder: Hi, I have a large shared folder, which two other computers have access to. The master computer has no problem searching within the folder; however, on the others it won't allow searching. Clicking the search bar in explorer has no effect, it won't allow anything to be...
  10. Searches Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searches Folder: Under pc>user there is a folder called "searches." There are two sub folders under searchers called 'everywhere' an 'indexed locations.' There is over 128,000 items in everywhere. Is it safe to delete either of this sub folders contents? 90039