Windows 10: Search not working in shared folders in word.

Discus and support Search not working in shared folders in word. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello fellow techs, When we open Word and want to open a file, we cant search for the file in the explorer pop-up. The issue is only on shared drives.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Yelx, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Yelx Win User

Search not working in shared folders in word.

Hello fellow techs,

When we open Word and want to open a file, we cant search for the file in the explorer pop-up.
    The issue is only on shared drives.

There are no results showing and it only shows the result of the map ur currently in.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Greetings,
    Jordy

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Sharing folder in local machine with everyone, but it still doesn't works correctly

Hi Moozy,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to Shared Folders troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Shared Folders.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Search not working in shared folders in word. - Similar Threads - Search working shared

2. search in word not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search in word not working.: just upgraded to windows 11 and my search in Word is not working.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-in-word-not-working/b9bbe4e4-a8c1-416e-9aff-a81b7a38fb03
  3. search in word not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search in word not working.: just upgraded to windows 11 and my search in Word is not working.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-in-word-not-working/b9bbe4e4-a8c1-416e-9aff-a81b7a38fb03
  4. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  5. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive: Helloso the computer crashed a few days ago. and i've reinstalled windows 10 on it and joined it back to the domain.Now when we search in a specific folder on the shared drive we will nog get any results... With an other computer with the same user we can get search results...
  6. cannot search in specific folders in a shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Search not working in word

Search not working in word: I tried everything that online said to do and it is still not working. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-not-working-in-word/8802252e-294d-4a29-8069-919fdeaef0c5
  8. Search is not working in AppData folder

Search is not working in AppData folder: I tried to exclude the AppData folder from exceptions but the search is not still working in it. Is this a hidden folder? c:\users\User name\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Internet Explorer\User Pinned Thank you....
  9. Word Searches

Word Searches: Hi there, I am experiencing the following problem on a Dell Latitude E 5570 laptop; If I do a word search for a specific word in any Adobe; WPS Office; Doc Search; Ultra File Opener or any other downloadable file opener, it yeilds a no results despite the word being...
  10. Trouble searching within a shared folder

Trouble searching within a shared folder: Hi, I have a large shared folder, which two other computers have access to. The master computer has no problem searching within the folder; however, on the others it won't allow searching. Clicking the search bar in explorer has no effect, it won't allow anything to be...