Windows 10: Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

Discus and support Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gokul P, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Gokul P Win User

Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on the taskbar sometimes the result doesn't appear, and sometimes when they appear their thumbnails seem to be a plain white sheet icon rather than the app icon that we are used to seeing.I know this is a minor issue but still, a solution would be of great help. Thank you.

:)

Gokul P, Jul 1, 2022

2. Search Results

In Windows 10, when I search my pictures, Search results are shown as thumbnails ( results are also incomplete, some pictures are not shown ). Can I change this so a List is shown instead?

worriedof Birmingham., Jul 1, 2022
  3. pezhmank Win User
    Search result thumbnails issue

Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search in the same place they would display in the previously seen mode.
    This is no longer the case, The search result always displays in thumbnail forum. How can I change this?

pezhmank, Jul 1, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc - Similar Threads - Search working properly

2. Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc: I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on the taskbar sometimes the result doesn't appear, and sometimes when they appear their thumbnails seem to be a plain white sheet...
  3. Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc: I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on the taskbar sometimes the result doesn't appear, and sometimes when they appear their thumbnails seem to be a plain white sheet...
  4. Search Result is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Result is Not Working: Hi,I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11. I tried searching my file using its file name and it's not showing the results even I'm just searching inside its folder. I tried the following troubleshooting:1. Run indexer troubleshooter2. Choose Enhance instead of Classic3....
  5. Search Result is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Result is Not Working: Hi,I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11. I tried searching my file using its file name and it's not showing the results even I'm just searching inside its folder. I tried the following troubleshooting:1. Run indexer troubleshooter2. Choose Enhance instead of Classic3....
  6. Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results: When Searching with Windows Search, It does not show some apps when I search for them. I used Sublime Text as an example. It also does not allow me to web search.View Example Here...
  7. The search is not working properly

in Cortana
    The search is not working properly: Hello, When I trying to find a file so it is doesn't working properly! For example I am trying to find text file thats are located in the desktop: [ATTACH] and it does not work: [ATTACH] Windows Server 2019...
  8. Windows search missing results

in Cortana
    Windows search missing results: Hello, I have some users who all suddenly started reporting incomplete/inaccurate search results on networked drives. When using windows search to look for files by name, results which should appear simply do not. I have already done the following. 1 Cleared and...
  9. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.: I got the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and everything seemed to work really well until I tried using the Search Bar. The problem is that although search results are returned (The indexing seems to be correct) the images displayed under the Photos section are mostly...
  10. Search result thumbnails issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result thumbnails issue: Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search...