Windows 10: Search on a note starting with 01_ not working

Discus and support Search on a note starting with 01_ not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; works if i type 01 or 01_xxx but not if i search for 01_ (Windows UWP version) Another problem this time with the online version = it finds pages but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feedmaster, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Search on a note starting with 01_ not working

works if i type 01 or 01_xxx but not if i search for 01_ (Windows UWP version)

Another problem this time with the online version = it finds pages but not sections names that way though i use it to quickly "jump" on specific sections.

:)

Feedmaster, Oct 18, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Search on a note starting with 01_ not working

search and start not working at all

Hello Nemi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We appreciate your patience on this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press
      Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt (admin)”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Note: The above command will fail if there are any applications running in background.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Search on a note starting with 01_ not working

1. Search on a note starting with 01_ not working - Similar Threads - Search note starting

2. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  3. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  4. Start Menu Not Working (but Search Works)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Not Working (but Search Works): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6lackWRLD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5ko3y/start_menu_not_working_but_search_works/
  5. Start and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start and search bar not working: My start and search bar will not work at random. Sometimes I will turn my laptop on and they will work, sometimes they won't and I need to turn my laptop off and turn it on again. I can still search for programs if I press the Windows key on my keyboard, however, just now I...
  6. Start search not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start search not working: Hi all, My windows 10 pro search doesn't work on the start menu. I've tried clicking on the search box, but I can't type anything in it. Does anyone have a clue what the problem is? Thanks :) submitted by /u/joshdicko4 [link] [comments]...
  7. Start Menu Search not working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search not working: Hello, I have updated latest feature windows version 2004 in June. After this feature update my start menu searching is not worked and it is little bit slow. Could you please help me with this issue ? Regards, Bhavesh...
  8. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  9. Start. Search. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start. Search. Cortana not working: Windows 10 and I think it's version 1903. Nothing happens when I click on any of the three buttons listed. I can't get to my Start menu, seach or even Cortana, if I used it. I found a link online that said to run that sfc /scannow. I did that and no problems were found....
  10. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...