Windows 10: search on multiple people tags

Discus and support search on multiple people tags in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Microsoft Live Photo a couple of years ago, I used to be able to search on multiple people tags at the same time....E.g. I could click on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EvieRS75, Jun 20, 2020.

1. EvieRS75 Win User

search on multiple people tags

In Microsoft Live Photo a couple of years ago, I used to be able to search on multiple people tags at the same time....E.g. I could click on my husband's photo and my photo and have all the photos with both of us in them together show up. I used it all the time. Now it seems if I click on one face, then a second, the first is automatically removed. Has something changed? I loved that option and don't know if I'm missing some way to do this?

:)

EvieRS75, Jun 20, 2020

2. Searching for multiple people in Photos?

Face Recognition in Windows 10 is still developing. They've just added tags so you can tag the people found in a search, and then you can search via tags for multiple people as discussed here:

https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows-10-photos-a...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/find-and-tag-peo...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/28/16055418/mic...

If you need further help with then I'd ask Shawn Brink who is the master of everything he writes about and will know best, in the tutorial comments here for Photos App Face Recognition:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102313-turn...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    tagging and searching tags in OneNote for Windows 10

Hello cameronGT,

Adding a tag and searching it is available when using the OneNote desktop app. You can check the following articles below for more information about your concern:

Let us know if you are using a different version of OneNote for us to provide you the applicable steps if needed.

We are looking forward to your response.

Ma. Lau, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

People tagging in Photo Preview app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that tagging in Photos app is based on Artificial intelligence (AI) which means once you tag a person it should search for similar faces and tag them in all the Pictures and also create a contact in people’s app. Just make sure that
    you are signed in with your Microsoft account using which you tagged the people earlier. AI should take some time, however the tags should appear if it was signed to your Microsoft account.

So to have a better understanding of the issue, please write back with the following information:

1. Are you signed in using the same Microsoft account on both the devices?
      2. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
      3. Which version of photos app is installed on your device?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. search on multiple people tags - Similar Threads - search multiple tags

2. Tagging multiple people in photos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging multiple people in photos in Windows 10: I have a lot of people tagged in the Photos app in Windows 10. However, there are some pictures of groups where it has only tagged some out of a group of three or four. I can't see a way to manually add a person tag in this case or indeed if I have an untagged photo I can't...
  3. Searching for multiple people in Photos?

Searching for multiple people in Photos?: Within the Photos app in Windows, how do I select multiple people to search my photos for? For example, if I want to see all my photos with 'person X' in them, I just go to People and select 'person X' and it shows me photos with only that person in them. I want to see...
  4. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I note most of the comments around this topic do not give a resolution - they are around 12 months old - has Windows not yet addressed this? Still can't tag people faces by name and search for just pictures with them in it?...
  5. people tagging stalls

people tagging stalls: The Photo app has stalled in recognizing people in my photos. Just re-installed Windows. So the Photo app is re-initializing, and as it did before, has tagged about 10 people in my photos. The number of photos tagged is about 50 of the several hundred on file. I have seen...
  6. MS Photos, People Tags

MS Photos, People Tags: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  7. MS Photos, People Tags

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Photos, People Tags: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  8. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  9. People lookup slow in Photos people tagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    People lookup slow in Photos people tagging: So I now have the People tagging feature in Win10 Photos. It did take some time for the PC to recognize the faces from my large library of photos. Now, when I try to choose a suggestion and enter a name, the search window for People is extremely slow to load. I can sit...
  10. Tagging people in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...