Windows 10: Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query

Discus and support Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks, So I'm getting used to the features of Microsoft Edge Chromium that I installed not too long ago. There is something I don't understand... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by templar, Jul 12, 2020.

1. templar Win User

Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query

Hi folks,

So I'm getting used to the features of Microsoft Edge Chromium that I installed not too long ago. There is something I don't understand though.

In Privacy and services/Address bar when I select Google as my default engine a new option becomes available - "Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar". I've toggled between Search Box and Address Bar but can't seem to see any difference in the way it functions. I can search in the address bar with both options.

Can someone explain to me the difference between these two options?

Thanks.

:)

templar, Jul 12, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Cuzza Win User
    Hiding the search box in Vista

Hi all,

The search box in the folders window in Vista is irritating me. I never use it, it would be nice to get rid of it so that the address bar would be longer and show the full path more often.

Anyone know if the search box can be hidden/disabled? I've had a good Google about it and not found much, but I might be missing something obvious.

-cuzza

Cuzza, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query

Lost Search Box

Hi Richard,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

It might have happened if you have selected
    Show search icon instead Show search box from the task bar.

In that case, I suggest you to:

• Right-click on the task bar.

• Click on Search.

• Select Show search box.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance with the issue. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query

1. Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar query - Similar Threads - Search tabs uses

2. Grey box in the way of search tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box in the way of search tab: It shows up when i type anything in to the search bar at the bottom left corner, vanishes when i click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box-in-the-way-of-search-tab/d34a42cb-0532-44d7-854d-001674822ea1
  3. Grey box in the way of search tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box in the way of search tab: It shows up when i type anything in to the search bar at the bottom left corner, vanishes when i click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box-in-the-way-of-search-tab/d34a42cb-0532-44d7-854d-001674822ea1
  4. New Search Bar??!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Search Bar??!?!?: [IMG] For some reason, I have a new simplified search bar, yet my friends and others online don't seem to have it. Is this a bug or purposeful? How do I change it so it says "Type here to search" again?...
  5. Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar

in Cortana
    Can't search the web using windows search box in the task bar: Normally, when I press the Windows key and type something in the search bar which is not the name of a local file and press Enter, I would be able to search the web for that thing. However, for some reasons, I can't do that now. See screen shot below. I have searched Google...
  6. search box on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  7. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

in Cortana
    Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.: I cannot use any search bars, etc. This is Win 10 latest edition with update. I have tried a number of fixes as published in the Microsoft community help pages as follows: 1) did the text services framework in task scheduler 2) did a task manager restart 3)" Reregistered"...
  8. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Box - Not in Taks Bar: Followed the two recommended solutions. No avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-not-in-taks-bar/6c86083d-4c87-443c-8cb5-f5495a62c8a4
  9. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  10. Search using WinKey+query

in Windows 10 Support
    Search using WinKey+query: Win10 1607 doesn't return search results unless connected to the Internet when you use the WinKey+type a search query method Once connected, results are returned in the Cortana box NOT Connected Connected [img] [img] and results are still returned even after I...