Windows 10: Search on page hijack

Discus and support Search on page hijack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My problem is unique. When entering in a search, web site or anything, the entry window changes to a Search on page drop down. this happens on IE, Edge... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardDean1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Search on page hijack

My problem is unique. When entering in a search, web site or anything, the entry window changes to a Search on page drop down. this happens on IE, Edge and others. I need to retype my request sometinges 2-3 times to get it to search for the connection I need. Search on page of course comes up with nothing since no page is up at the time.

Please help!!!

:)

RichardDean1, Sep 4, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, Sep 4, 2018
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Search on page hijack

Browser hijack? GPU 15% when using google in FF

So as the title suggests I have an issue with FF when I perform a search from the address bar (google is default) or even going directly to www.google.co.uk, my GPU usage goes from 0 to 15%, it stops if I close that tab or change to another or bring another window to the forefront but it consistently displays this same behaviour.

So I have tried the following to try and find out if there is some kind of malware/hijacker going on.
    • Uninstalled FF and reinstalled.
    • Installed no miner, miner blocker, ublock origin and adblock plus extensions.
    • Run numerous scans of Windows defender, avast AV and MBAM
    All of the above to no avail and every time I am on a google page the GPU useage stays at a constant 15% and the vRAM usage inscreases. Scratching my head is there anything I am missing?

NdMk2o1o, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Search on page hijack

1. Search on page hijack - Similar Threads - Search page hijack

2. Search page with PCH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search page with PCH: I heard that I can change something in my control panel to stop the request page for searches in PCH website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-page-with-pch/01698b81-caf7-4dab-9d66-2f5e169c157e
  3. remove hijacker search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove hijacker search: How can I remove the Yahoo search engine. Prefer using Microsoft tools only. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-hijacker-search/4205478c-57b0-4382-8b84-fb8878a7e08d
  4. Web page hijacked.

in Browsers and Email
    Web page hijacked.: Just been looking at my website and found that one of the links is directing visitors to a gambling page. How could this happen. I have been running the site for about 10 years, now, without problems. My Windows version, 2004, Build 19041.630. Any advie welcome. 169137
  5. resent hijacking my browser search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resent hijacking my browser search engine: I won't ever do business with the hijackers on my web browser - search engine. It took me all day to get my email back and browser with google chrome again after people from Yahoo - Internet explorer and who knows who as wiggled into my computer bing? Edge, Seguraza,...
  6. Google search is hijacked to yahoo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google search is hijacked to yahoo: My security is up to date but something is hijacking my browser from google to yahoo and who knows what else it is doing. I've reinstalled windows but it is still happening. How do I fix this?...
  7. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool page hijacked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool page hijacked?: Microsoft's Windows USB/DVD Download Tool page directs users to download software from http://wudt.codeplex.com/ . The Chrome browser flags this website as containing malware. Why would Microsoft host a Windows OS installation tool on someone else's website?...
  8. IE has hijacked my page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE has hijacked my page: Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open. Why is this happening and how do I fix it....
  9. search engine hijack

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search engine hijack: hi , had my gmail email account hi jacked by a search-switch dot com how do I delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-hijack/8136a05a-33e4-4598-8dc6-a2db274369ee
  10. My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?

in Browsers and Email
    My VirusTotal page looks different, browser hijacked?: Was surfing the web. Scanned a Zip file at VT, said it was OK. Downloaded it. Before extracting, scanned with Defender and MBAM, both said clean. Extracted & re-scanned again Defender & MBAM said clean. Opened a new browser to scan extracted folder on VT. UM.. the VT...