Windows 10: Search only shows Web Results

Discus and support Search only shows Web Results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Search only shows Web Results

When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this computer. This is a recent development. Not sure what happened and no idea how to fix this. I guess I will add this to the list!

Open for any ideas. Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Sep 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 search not showing 'Settings' results. Help!!!

Windows 10 search not showing Settings results. It only shows Web and
    App results. How can I enable Settings results in Search??

For example, when I try to search Internet Options in the search bar, it doesn't show the results of settings. It only shows web results. How can I change this thing.
    Search only shows Web Results [​IMG]

Chandra Kanth Bachu, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade made video playback and streaming choppy

Hey Karthicka. I have a problem.
    Windows 10 search not showing Settings results. It only shows Web and
    App results. How can I enable Settings results in Search??

For example, when I try to search Internet Options search bar, it doesn't show the results of Settings. It only shows web results. How can I change this thing.

Search only shows Web Results [​IMG]

Chandra Kanth Bachu, Sep 8, 2015
  4. fergiet Win User

Search only shows Web Results

Click on "my stuff" in search. Then "file explorer".

fergiet, Sep 8, 2015
  5. I try clicking on My Stuff and then on File Explorer and the entire search goes away and I have to start the process over again. WTH??!! If I click on Settings, Search results opens with no results for printers, say.

Gator5000e, Sep 8, 2015
  6. izzzey Win User
    I don't have a direct solution because in my opinion the windows search is a shadow of his own. I use the free version of lookeen for searching. Faster and better *Smile

izzzey, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Search only shows Web Results

1. Search only shows Web Results - Similar Threads - Search shows Web

2. Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results: Hi i cannot enable Search highlights it says that due to some settings are managed by organization i cannot apply the search highlights I can personalize all of windows except for thisOne more thing. Web results not showing in the search instead it shows me the files and...
  3. Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable Search Highlights and Search bar not showing web results: Hi i cannot enable Search highlights it says that due to some settings are managed by organization i cannot apply the search highlights I can personalize all of windows except for thisOne more thing. Web results not showing in the search instead it shows me the files and...
  4. how to stop web result showing in search

in Cortana
    how to stop web result showing in search: Can i disable web result to not showing in my search box and show only file and floder in my laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-web-result-showing-in-search/891f09ce-7b31-4ed9-9d01-d6b70f86d0d9
  5. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  6. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  7. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  8. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  9. Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results: This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box. When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but...
  10. Can't get local search results on one machine (only web results)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get local search results on one machine (only web results): Hi folks. New to forum :-). Yesterday I upgraded two Dell laptops and my desktop machine to Windows 10. I am really liking it so far. But I have two things I can't seem to resolve: 1. Search - On my two Dell laptops if I search for, say, User Account Control, at the top of...