Windows 10: Search opens on top of start

Discus and support Search opens on top of start in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I updated to version 20H2 today and every time I click in the start menu button, the search menu opens on top of it. I can't use the start menu... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TuurLammens, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Search opens on top of start

Hello,

I updated to version 20H2 today and every time I click in the start menu button, the search menu opens on top of it. I can't use the start menu because of that. It doesn't matter where I click, I can't get to the start menu.

It would be much of help if anyone else had this issue and knows how to fix this. Search opens on top of start 3018b84e-e4c2-4fb1-9720-9e04db270f9f?upload=true.png

:)

TuurLammens, Mar 17, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 17, 2021
  4. sujith ta Win User

Search opens on top of start

WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU

Search opens on top of start ec760ea8-5164-4d0c-9a73-80cd7d1606c7?upload=true.png

WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU.

When pressing window key, windows search also open like an overlay on top of start tiles. it happens in start menu whether it is in full screen or not. because of this cannot access the apps behind it.

hope a solution to handle..

sujith ta, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Search opens on top of start

1. Search opens on top of start - Similar Threads - Search opens top

2. When ever windows or start menu is opened , they are opened on the top half of the screen ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When ever windows or start menu is opened , they are opened on the top half of the screen ,...: As show in the picture , only half screen is displayed while opening start menu or explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-ever-windows-or-start-menu-is-opened-they-are/b2d9b1b7-303d-43a8-9169-c13d3a1ff5b3
  3. Your Top Searches

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Top Searches: How to delete or remove in Microsoft Edge Your Top Searches, Please provide help and guidence. Thanks Shivam Dubey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-top-searches/16956777-fb46-4473-b294-11613f8647c4
  4. WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU

in Cortana
    WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU: WINDOWS SEARCH OPEN ON TOP OF START MENU. When pressing window key, windows search also open like an overlay on top of start tiles. it happens start in full screen or not. because of this cannot access the apps behind it. hope a solution to handle.....
  5. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  6. Search on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search on top of start menu: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k319520u7y351.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=b67f7e8bf716295108cea35e733f61d71873f6d1 After updating to the latest version of windows 10 (2004) through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does...
  7. start menu and search open very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu and search open very slow: my start menu and search box opens very slowtakes around 30 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-search-open-very-slow/ef400e7e-d10e-41e0-a791-dd5526887e32
  8. Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening

Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening: Since a few days I cannot open any standard microsoft apps. While typing this I also noticed that pressing anything like sound, internet icon, language or battery on the taskbar doesn't work either. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a new update for Windows 10, and installing...
  9. Search Bar on top of screen

Search Bar on top of screen: How do I remove this search bar that's stuck on top of my screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-on-top-of-screen/47164708-0aa4-4f53-9724-8ada53c37177
  10. Start menu or search won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu or search won't open: I did a clean install of w10 from w7 a couple of months ago and everything has been running fine until about a week ago since when I've not been able open the start menue. Reading through other posts on line with the same problem has not provided a solution so far. I've ran...