Windows 10: Search Options is not working in the Folders

Discus and support Search Options is not working in the Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Subhash Chandran, May 16, 2023.

1. Search Options is not working in the Folders

Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same.

:)

Subhash Chandran, May 16, 2023
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Arun B J Win User
    Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 16, 2023
  4. Hitesh12 Win User

Search Options is not working in the Folders

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Search Options is not working in the Folders

1. Search Options is not working in the Folders - Similar Threads - Search Options working

2. Search Options is not working in the Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Options is not working in the Folders: Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same....
  3. Search Options is not working in the Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Options is not working in the Folders: Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same....
  4. Cannot change folder and search options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change folder and search options.: I am the system administratorWhen I go to change folder and search options, a popup appears that says 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' I have checked group policies, nothing. I have...
  5. Cannot change folder and search options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change folder and search options.: I am the system administratorWhen I go to change folder and search options, a popup appears that says 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' I have checked group policies, nothing. I have...
  6. Cannot change folder and search options.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search Option Not Working

in Cortana
    Search Option Not Working: Hi, my Search in the Taskbar is not working. This happened in my other PC but it started working randomly. When I click on the Search icon, it shows the black Rectangular Box but has nothing in it and closes suddenly. Any fix for this?...
  8. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work: Good morning, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current folder and all subfolders as it should. When I click on "Current folder" in the search tools, however, it does nothing. I...
  9. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

in Cortana
    The SEARCH option doesn't work.: Dear Sir, I hope you can help me. From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the task bar nor the "search" option avaible when you right-click on the Windowns logo). Actions taken so far: - Windows Update...
  10. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...