Windows 10: Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

Discus and support Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on a Windows 10 latest version Pro, using Outlook 365 latest version, paid subscription. I get this error and very degraded search performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Waiting for MS to get it, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

I'm on a Windows 10 latest version Pro, using Outlook 365 latest version, paid subscription. I get this error and very degraded search performance frequently. It comes and goes not related to a fresh reboot - tried that. I've also tried turning office all the systray apps I could. Not difference. Without doing anything, it the error message displays see title and search will just stop working, then even in the same session without restarting Outlook 365 it will start working just fine. Same behavior in Windows File Manager search, very slow.What could be causing this intermit

:)

Waiting for MS to get it, Dec 1, 2021

2. windows search service is turned off

search performance will be impacted. How do I turn it back on? Outlook

bethkorenak, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

1. Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in... - Similar Threads - Search performance impacted

2. Search Indexing is turned off, Windows search service down, help pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing is turned off, Windows search service down, help pls: I just can't fix this, need some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing-is-turned-off-windows-search/18920ac3-0d12-467e-9fe3-c4b09598fca1
  3. Search Indexing is turned off, Windows search service down, help pls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Indexing is turned off, Windows search service down, help pls: I just can't fix this, need some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing-is-turned-off-windows-search/18920ac3-0d12-467e-9fe3-c4b09598fca1
  4. Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...: I'm on a Windows 10 latest version Pro, using Outlook 365 latest version, paid subscription. I get this error and very degraded search performance frequently. It comes and goes not related to a fresh reboot - tried that. I've also tried turning office all the systray apps I...
  5. Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search performance will be impacted because the Windows Search service is turned off in...: I'm on a Windows 10 latest version Pro, using Outlook 365 latest version, paid subscription. I get this error and very degraded search performance frequently. It comes and goes not related to a fresh reboot - tried that. I've also tried turning office all the systray apps I...
  6. Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.

Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  7. Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.

Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  8. Search performance will be impacted because a group policy has turned off the Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search performance will be impacted because a group policy has turned off the Windows...: Hi all,Third time lucky with this one.1 locked before an answer2 No meaning or progressive response.Please help!Hi,I have seen 2 other locked threads on this subject and neither has been of much help.Why are these threads locked? It prevents 'piggybacking' and also getting...
  9. Search performance will be impacted because a group policy has turned off the Windows...

Search performance will be impacted because a group policy has turned off the Windows...: Hi,I too have an issue like the sole other one locked thread, where the user appears to have got irrelevant or too detailed an answer, and got quite frustrated.In regard to that post:I have tried unchecking and rechecking 'interact with desktop' in the services app, it doesnt...
  10. windows search service is turned off

windows search service is turned off: search performance will be impacted. How do I turn it back on? Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-is-turned-off/96286bb5-cb49-4b64-a425-7d31c462b036