Windows 10: Search Protocol Host hogging internet

Discus and support Search Protocol Host hogging internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The last few days search protocol host has been using internet continuously. In the last four days it has used 14 GB of data. Some for SMB has also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bajx153, Mar 5, 2021.

1. bajx153 Win User

Search Protocol Host hogging internet

The last few days search protocol host has been using internet continuously. In the last four days it has used 14 GB of data. Some for SMB has also used over 4 GB of data in the last four days. Search Protocol Host hogging internet 9340499e-f6c7-4370-ba71-2a06ec04c282?upload=true.png

:)

bajx153, Mar 5, 2021
  2. MS_WOW Win User

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?

MS_WOW, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Windows Security - Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host

Hi Marc,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • Are there any error messages or error codes that appeared after entering your email and password?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Kate Li.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Search Protocol Host hogging internet

MIcrosoft Windows Search Protocol Host

I am trying to delete a file, but keep getting this dialogue box:

This action can't be completed because the file is open in Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host.

Close the file and try again.

So where (or more specifically how) do I close the file?

RebeccaPWinsett, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Search Protocol Host hogging internet

1. Search Protocol Host hogging internet - Similar Threads - Search Protocol Host

2. Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU: I have a Surface Go running Windows 10 not 10S, and recently last few weeks whenever it wakes from Sleep "Network List Service" starts using at least 30% of my CPU. Often my combined CPU use is 100%. This goes on for a minute or more. None of my other computers have this...
  3. Where does the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host searchindexer.exe store its logs?

in Cortana
    Where does the Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host searchindexer.exe store its logs?: I'd like to view the logs of SearchIndexer.exe to see what files it's indexing/ what files it has recently added to or updated in the index. It doesn't seem to have an EventVwr -> Applications and Services Logs entry, nor have I been able to locate a text file for it in...
  4. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - 100 % CPU USAGE: SOMEBODY PLEASE SHARE SOME SOLUTION FOR THIS.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-100-cpu/58cff87a-25c5-459c-80f4-97304526ca7f
  5. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?: Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops! Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always hogging either CPU or Disk. Can I just murder it somehow? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  6. Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...

Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host/Search Protocol Host have high CPU usage even after...: Hi, I had just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (build 14393.105) on my computer, and I noticed that the fans were always running. Looking into task manager and I found that "Microsoft Windows Search Filter Host" and "Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host" were always...
  7. Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU: Today I had a system that has been observed running the Windows Time service host at 56% CPU. I couldn't find a lot of literature on the topic and I couldn't resolve. I took a break and the service was back to 0. Someone else is also having the issue. What can cause this and...
  8. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host - McAfee Warning: Why does Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host need to access the internet? McAfee is giving me a warning. Do I block or allow this program?...
  9. Missing Internet protocols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Internet protocols: So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells...
  10. Cortana background task host resource hogging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana background task host resource hogging: Hey all i have been having a problem with the cortana background task host. It seems to take up a lot of the CPU and disk after i have used either itunes or windows media player. I have no idea how long this has been going since i only noticed as i have other issues with...