Windows 10: search provider

Discus and support search provider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; who allows Microsoft to Change my search Provider from google to bing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JürgenLöhr1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. search provider

who allows Microsoft to Change my search Provider from google to bing

:)

JürgenLöhr1, Aug 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 11, 2019
  4. search provider

David Wynne, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

search provider

1. search provider - Similar Threads - search provider

2. Why is no folder/location provided for emails found in Mail app search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is no folder/location provided for emails found in Mail app search?: I am using Windows 11 fully updated and use the Mail app running version 16005.14326.20858.0.I use folders to organize my emails but when I can't remember where I put something I use the search tool. But the although the search tool finds the email, it does not tell me which...
  3. Why is no folder/location provided for emails found in Mail app search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is no folder/location provided for emails found in Mail app search?: I am using Windows 11 fully updated and use the Mail app running version 16005.14326.20858.0.I use folders to organize my emails but when I can't remember where I put something I use the search tool. But the although the search tool finds the email, it does not tell me which...
  4. How to make Windows search provide results for 3rd party cloud drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Windows search provide results for 3rd party cloud drive: I have an account on Dropbox and sure on OneDrive. So I can select where to save a file. But Windows search cannot provide results for the files on Dropbox though they are also kept on my computer....
  5. Windows search doesn’t provide results for X Online drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search doesn’t provide results for X Online drive: I have a X an online drive account and I use the app on my pc. I might choose to save a file on Onedrive or this X depending on a personal criteria. However, the documents present in the X drive can not be searched through start bar even though they are present on the PC....
  6. Change search provider

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change search provider: How do I change the search provider in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-provider/8834a8a5-8a78-463f-a926-a28b37538c77
  7. Search Provider

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Provider: How do I prevent Bing opening when I do a Win 10 search from the taskbar. I have been into Edge settings - advanced - address bar - change search engine But it does not allow Bing to be replaced with Chrome. Chrome is the default browser in Win 10 settings. Win 10 ver 1909...
  8. Uninstall - Yahoo provided search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall - Yahoo provided search: Hi, There is unknown and unwanted item appearing in my program list under Control panel>programes and feature. I have tried a number of times to remove this item but nothing is working. This app/malware if making my browsing slow !!!. Items name " Web Search (Yahoo!...
  9. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Browsers and Email
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...
  10. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. only bing is showing up in my search provider list