Windows 10: Search Quick Access field is unusably small and can't remain at its set size.

Discus and support Search Quick Access field is unusably small and can't remain at its set size. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a folder via any method, the "Search Quick Access" field in the upper right hand corner is too small to be useful. While I can manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bertram Moshier, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Search Quick Access field is unusably small and can't remain at its set size.

When I open a folder via any method, the "Search Quick Access" field in the upper right hand corner is too small to be useful. While I can manually change its size, Windows 10 Pro 10 x64 1909 doesn't remember the new size on subsequent opening of folders even the same folder as manually sized.

During a Windows 10 login period, I'll open hundreds, if not a thousand or more, folders and needing to resize this field so many times is counter productive. This change is not an improvement, but a detriment to users and Windows 10. How it made it out of test, I have no idea!!!

Thank you.

:)

Bertram Moshier, Jan 14, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. enso Win User
    Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

• Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video
    • On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder.
    • If I navigate directly to the Pictures folder then the search will work.
    • I’d like to fix where ever the problem is – with Quick access or the Pictures folder – and have QA searches work on all 4 folders.
    I’ve tried re-indexing / rebuilding the index and several other things, but the problem still remains. Crossing my fingers that someone here will post the much-hoped for solution!

4. Search Quick Access field is unusably small and can't remain at its set size.

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Search Quick Access field is unusably small and can't remain at its set size.

1. Search Quick Access field is unusably small and can't remain at its set size. - Similar Threads - Search Quick Access

2. Quick Access settings not saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access settings not saved: Running Windows 11 Pro, for the last 30-60 days, Quick Access settings are not saved. I configure how I want and, when I come back, re-set to default. Any fix?...
  3. Quick Access settings not saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access settings not saved: Running Windows 11 Pro, for the last 30-60 days, Quick Access settings are not saved. I configure how I want and, when I come back, re-set to default. Any fix?...
  4. Windows Explorer - Search Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - Search Quick Access: What is the command line to search for these special characters from the Window Explorer Search Quick access textbox? " * < > ? / \ [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-quick-access/ed242ecb-aff8-4f44-8ff0-2c66129fb1cb
  5. Search quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search quick access not working: First to know, this happens normally when the computer turns on and then is using a search. When I try to type something for search in "search quick access " search simply doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to type a word to execute a search, and at the very...
  6. Webpage search field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webpage search field: When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  7. I can't access Settings and Search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access Settings and Search bar: Hello Team, I am unable to access the "Settings" function as well as the "Search" tab. I also have a notification on the bottom right corner asking me to Activate my Windows which I obviously cannot do since I can't even access Settings. Kindly assist with this....
  8. Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder: In File Explorer, Quick Access I can search for files and will see results from Documents, Music, and Video. But to find anything in Pictures I have to navigate to that folder specifically to search it. I've looked in vain for a setting that would let the Pictures folder be...
  9. quick access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access settings: Is there a way to increase the number of recent files displayed in the quick access panel in Win10? Mine defaults to 20. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-settings/cb65c45f-e503-4e4b-8b23-e97f5e62a5ad
  10. Problems trying to search in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems trying to search in Quick Access: Last machine was Windows 7, where I could search all of Favorites for words that I knew were in the file I wanted. Or I'd search on name:[string], where [string] is part of the filename. Worked great. I can't get a search in Quick Access to find anything, unless I first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer Search field tiny