Windows 10: Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

Discus and support Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I use the "new" search function (in the windows 10 b1909 file explorer) to list all pdf in my actual directory and all subdirectories I type *.pdf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WTenNewbie, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

If I use the "new" search function (in the windows 10 b1909 file explorer) to list all pdf in my actual directory and all subdirectories I type *.pdf in the higher right corner search field and get the correct result.

But if I mark them all (CTRL+a) and press the DEL key, it doesn't refresh the result anymore (the list of pdf remain visible. If I try to delete this files again, I get an error message, that this files doesn't exist anymore, still remaining in the search result).
    In most cases, I even have to restart the explorer.exe to get back my working file explorer.

Is this a known issue since build 1909?

Do you know how to get the list refreshing automatically without restart of the process "explorer.exe"?

:)

WTenNewbie, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Starseed Win User

Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file

I saw some older posts related to this from 2016 but nothing with a solution. The problem is:

I search in explorer for files (ie "*.jpg") it will give me a list of results. I delete a file from the list of results (either hitting delete key or right click and delete) and even though it is deleted, it still appears in the list. It will stay in the list until I either refresh the list or re-do the same search.

Other people with the same issue said that the results would refresh on their own after a couple of seconds but mine never will unless I do it manually. This was happening in version 1809 and I updated Windows to the most recent version (1903) and it is still the same issue.

I thought it could be related to the number of results but it doesn't matter if there are 500 or 1, it does not refresh. I am experiencing this behavior on two different computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Starseed, Nov 24, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Hi you can simply hit F5 after deleting the file to refresh the explorer search results list.

Bu that, of course, is simply a workaround, not a solution.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2019
  4. RickyGeu Win User

Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore?

1. Search result in Win10 1909 file explorer doesn't refresh anymore? - Similar Threads - Search result Win10

2. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  3. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders: I have w10 1809 up to date, stock install, and my explorer window does not refresh when I download a file or unzip something. How do I correct this? 161885
  4. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  5. Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore

Windows 1909 file explorer doesnt auto search anymore: when i use the file explorer to search for stuff which i do alot it no longer auto searches is this a new lame feature microsft put in to remove the easy to use features in windows 10 cause it auto searching before i hit enter makes it worth using...
  6. Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file: I saw some older posts related to this from 2016 but nothing with a solution. The problem is: I search in explorer for files (ie "*.jpg") it will give me a list of results. I delete a file from the list of results (either hitting delete key or right click and delete) and...
  7. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  8. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  9. File explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer doesn't refresh automatically: hi guys i have some problem thats freaks me out!!! work on last updates , 64 bit every file i download to downloads folder i need to press f5 to see the file on top (list by date) i do some things.. like use some cmd commend to scan and fix all was great , change refresh...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1909 doesnt search as you type