Windows 10: Search results ignore my Default browser...

Discus and support Search results ignore my Default browser... in Cortana to solve the problem; Despite setting my Default browser choice in Windows 10, when I search from the Start menu the results open in MS Edge! It also appears that Search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by UKdeejay, Dec 8, 2018.

1. UKdeejay Win User

Search results ignore my Default browser...

Despite setting my Default browser choice in Windows 10, when I search from the Start menu the results open in MS Edge! It also appears that Search results are ignoring my Default search engine too - using Bing instead! How do I force Search results to open in my Default browser and use my choice of Search Engine too???

:)

UKdeejay, Dec 8, 2018

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Search results ignore my Default browser...

can not change web default browser

Hi Soniapayne,

You may try these.

Follow the steps below:

For Windows 10:

• Select the start button, and then type
      Default app settings

• In the search results, select default app settings

• Under web browser, select the browser currently listed and then select Mozilla fire fox or another browser
    For Windows 7, 8.1:

• Go to control panel

• In the search box, located on the upper right corner
      type Default programs

• Click on Default programs

• Click on Set your default program

• Click on Mozilla Firefox

• Click on Set this program as default

• Click Ok

Hope this helps.

Nathaniel_M, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Search results ignore my Default browser...

1. Search results ignore my Default browser... - Similar Threads - Search results ignore

2. Windows Ignoring default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Ignoring default browser: Hi Alli currently use Windows 11I have set my Default browser to be chrome yet it still opens in edge, i have set which file types to open in chrome all is set to chrome, but for some unknown reason it still opens in Edge, is this a windows issue or am i missing...
  3. Windows Ignoring default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Ignoring default browser: Hi Alli currently use Windows 11I have set my Default browser to be chrome yet it still opens in edge, i have set which file types to open in chrome all is set to chrome, but for some unknown reason it still opens in Edge, is this a windows issue or am i missing...
  4. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?: Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is...
  5. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?: Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is...
  6. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why I can't open web search results in Windows 10 search in my default web browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why I can't open web search results in Windows 10 search in my default web browser?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 20H2.My default web browser is Mozilla Firefox.Among search results, I can find Search web results option. After I click on it, Windows offers me to use Microsoft Edge or to search for different app on Microsoft store.Why Windows doesn't allow me...
  8. Change default view for the search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default view for the search results: Is there a way to set thedefault view for the search results in file explorer without having to changeit every time I use the search feature? I would like the default view be for:1. Documents, not web. This should be the default view as oneonly need go to search engine for...
  9. Search defaults to Bing Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Search defaults to Bing Browser: V 1909 OS Build 18363.752 Sorry if this has been answered- here goes from new Win 10 install: I type in the search box and the default browser is Bing, I've tried a lot of the 'solutions' to try and change the default to Chrome. This is what I've done: 1) Changed default...
  10. Youtube search results and Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube search results and Edge Browser: Has anybody else experienced this? It only happens when I'm logged in, when I'm not search results are normal. [img] [img] 94111