Windows 10: Search results on external drive?

Discus and support Search results on external drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone :) I have plugged an external HDD to my pc. I then open the drive folder. When I search for a specific file in the drive folder, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emilfrederiksen, May 7, 2019.

1. Search results on external drive?

Hello everyone Search results on external drive? :)

I have plugged an external HDD to my pc. I then open the drive folder. When I search for a specific file in the drive folder, using the standard Windows search function. Will it then also search and show results from:
    The recycle bin on the external drive?
    Hidden files and folders?
    Files and folders that I do not have admin rights to?

Thank you for answering

:)

emilfrederiksen, May 7, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 7, 2019
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 7, 2019
  4. Search results on external drive?

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Search results on external drive?

1. Search results on external drive? - Similar Threads - Search results external

2. External Drive not searching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Drive not searching in Windows 10: I have an external drive that can be searched on a Windows 10 desktop system when plugged in. However my laptop is unable o search it. No results come back. Other drives plugged into the laptop can be searched fine....
  3. External Drive not searching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive not searching in Windows 10: I have an external drive that can be searched on a Windows 10 desktop system when plugged in. However my laptop is unable o search it. No results come back. Other drives plugged into the laptop can be searched fine....
  4. External Drive not searching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  6. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  7. Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".: I'm using the Search facility a lot at the moment as I'm setting up a new laptop. There are two problems - (1) the "Save results doesn't work" and (2) if there are say ten results, I'll click on the first one and if it's not what I'm searching for, I have to look at the...
  8. Searching tags on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching tags on external hard drive: I normally add tags to files & use them to search specific files when required. Off late I am able to do this for files on my system but if I search files stored on an external hard drive nothing comes up in the search. Is there a way to search tags used in files stored on...
  9. No Google Drive files in Windows search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Google Drive files in Windows search results: I am also asking this question on the Google Product Forums. Basically, the Google Drive folder is synced onto my data partition. Files are present on my HDD, the whole folder is indexed, but nothing inside it comes up in my Windows search results. I have tried...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886