Windows 10: Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

Discus and support Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by wasyleq, Jul 3, 2019.

1. wasyleq Win User

Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

Hi,

Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx.

Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout 75faa34f-d17c-4c3f-88f4-468c99d4b67f?upload=true.png

:)

wasyleq, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Remonator Win User

Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Jan Pac Win User
    how to stop web results showing in search

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

Here's how you stop web results from showing up on every search you do on Windows 10 while improving local results for files, apps, and settings:

• Click to open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list of options.
    Note: On Windows 10 build 14316 and later versions the Settings button to access Cortana setting may appear outside of Notebook in the navigation pane on the left.

4. On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.

5. After disabling Cortana, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

You will now notice that the search box in the taskbar no longer says "Ask me anything," instead, it reads "Search Windows," indicating that you have completed the task. Try to do a search one more time, and this time, you'll see that search results will
    no longer appear.

In the case you need a more advanced search experience, type your search query, and click the
    Search my stuff button. In the advanced search section, you can sort results by relevance or time, and you can limit the result to a particular category (e.g., Documents, Settings, apps, etc.).

Keep in mind that stopping web results from showing up in the taskbar search box will also turn off Cortana in your system, which means that you'll have to make the decision of which experience is more important to you.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards.

Jan Pac, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Wadus Win User

No search result showing

Suddenly today my searches don't show any results. I tried to reboot my computer, rebuild the search index, restart Cortana and nothing seemed to help.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the issue. It doesn't matter what I type, I always get a blank screen.

Any suggestions?

Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout 5c87ecf5-7c08-4229-a745-c632b166bba6.png

Wadus, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout - Similar Threads - Search Results Panel

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  4. Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result: My Search Panel doesn't show any result I don't know why but that happed after I removed this folder "AppData\Local\Packages" in order to fix nvidia control panel then I restarted my computer as requested in the solution that I was following while restart windows update...
  5. Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Panel Doesn't Show Result: My Search Panel doesn't show any result I don't know why but that happed after I removed this folder "AppData\Local\Packages" in order to fix nvidia control panel then I restarted my computer as requested in the solution that I was following while restart windows update...
  6. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  7. Missing/broken icons in search results

in Cortana
    Missing/broken icons in search results: [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab. The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but...
  8. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  9. Broken search result links

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search result links: Hey guys, first time poster here, I have a weird issues right now. So recently I reinstalled both GOG galaxy and Gwent to a different drive on my pc and since then I have this issue https://i.imgur.com/tSWkpTa.jpg Before I could type Gwent or gog in start menu and they...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886