Windows 10: search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

Discus and support search results showing blank program and white papaw icon in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Gavin O, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Gavin O Win User

search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing options, deleting the icon cache, reinstalling the programs, I don't understand what the issue is.

:)

Gavin O, Sep 13, 2022

2. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

Hi all,

when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result.

i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them - Microsoft Community

but still nothing,

thanks

search results showing blank program and white papaw icon [​IMG]

j39dofFkjsd, Sep 13, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

Thank you for your reply.

Please confirm you've already tried reinstalling Cortana.

In the post I quoted you will find the idea of creating a new user account for test purposes.
    Please do that and compare the outcome.
    This discriminates Windows issues from those particular to a user profile.

More ideas here:
    Fix Search Not Working or Returns Blank in Windows 10 - Tech Journey

Try the search troubleshooter: search Settings for search, More results, probably the bottom result

Another case where 'it just fixed itself'
    Search in Win 10 not working, blank - Microsoft Community

An approach here:
    Cortana not working, search just showing empty white box. - Microsoft Community

dalchina, Sep 13, 2022
  4. Taimilk Win User

White blank icons on desktop and in program tree.

I have this problem sometimes. It seems the icon cache database is corrupted for some reasons. I use the following steps to restore all white blank icons.

1. Start command prompt (WindowKey + R, type cmd)

2. In command prompt type "cd %userprofile%\appdata\local"

3. In command prompt type "del iconcache.db /a"

4. Start taskmanager (WindowKey + R, type taskmgr)

5. Find Windows Explorer and Right click | End Task

6. In taskmanager select File | New Task then type explorer

You should now fix all white blank icons on desktop.

Taimilk, Sep 13, 2022
Thema:

1. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon - Similar Threads - search results showing

2. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  3. search results showing blank program and white papaw icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search results showing blank program and white papaw icon: Hi, Why is my search showing white icons for some programs? Some programs it works fine and show their icon as they should, then others show a blank program icon and some show a white paper icon with the corner folded? Anyone know the issue? I have tried changing the indexing...
  4. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  5. App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?

App icons have a white background in Taskbar & show no icons in search results?: Since about November, all the icons of my UWP Apps on two of my PCs! suddenly appeared to be "broken". [ATTACH] This is what they look like on the Taskbar [ATTACH] And this is what i get on the search results. Right now they display the default image icon of my Photo...
  6. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...
  7. Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Search not displaying results; shows blank white: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]After installing the latest Cumulative Update on my Windows 10 PC today, I found that my Windows 10 Start Search was not displaying any results – It just showed a blank white screen. If you face this issue, here are [...] This post Windows 10 Start Search...
  8. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu): Strange white Blank Search result (start menu) Hi all, when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result. i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them -...
  9. White, blank, desktop icons

White, blank, desktop icons: Hello, My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They were installed using the drag & drop method, which also no longer seems to work. What is the solution? I have tried to remove...
  10. Cortana Search is white and blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Search is white and blank: Hello all, New Asus computer, windows 10 - 64 bit. When I type something in the Cortana search, the pop-up comes up blank and white. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for your help. 78852